Tonight’s Keys to the Game:
- Avoid Slow Start: the Magic can’t afford to go down early like they have in each of the first two games of this crucial series. The Magic don’t want the Cavs taking the crowd out of it early on.
- The “MAGIC” Matchup: Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis have the size advantage over the much smaller Cavalier defenders and must continue to exploit that in game 3.
- Exploit Howard vs Big Z Matchup more: Big Z can’t, let me repeat CANNOT guard Dwight Howard. With that said, the Magic MUST go to that matchup more as the series heads to the friendly confines of the Sunshine state.
- Avoid early Foul Trouble: Coach Van Gundy must find a way to keep his star Dwight Howard away from him and keep his franchise player in the game rather then a seat right next to the head coach.
- Exploit Cavs pick and roll defense: there is no question that the most successful play for this Orlando Magic team in this series has been the pick ‘n roll. It is the most used play in all basketball but no team has mastered stopping it. The pick n roll switch puts the Cavs at a disadvantage against the Magic’s big lineup with Hedo and Lewis at the 3 and 4.
Orlando Magic – 89
Cleveland Cavaliers – 93
From what I’ve seen these playoffs, the Magic look much more comfortable on the road then they do at him. For whatever reason, that actually puts them at an advantage since they are the 3 seed and have gone against the Celtics and Cavs which have home court advantage against them. With that said, I see LeBron, an excellent road player, going for 40 points once again to give the Cavs the win.
Should be another great game.