You can see my Nets-Magic preview here.
Click here to see a preview from a Nets point of view.
Final: Magic win 88-72.
- Matt Barnes was great scoring 13 points, grabbing 13 rebounds and dishing out 5 assists.
- Dwight Howard 26 points, 12 rebounds, and 5 blocks.
- I’ll have a full recap and analysis later tonight.
End of 3rd Quarter: Magic lead 62-56
- Orlando once again played solid defense in the third quarter. They forced then Nets into a couple of shot clock violations and held them to just 36% (6-of-20) shooting in the quarter.
- Dwight Howard has 26 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks.
- Outside of Howard, the Magic are still struggling on offense. They are shooting 28.5% (12-of-42) and the bench has not scored.
- Matt Barnes now has 10 rebounds. Pretty impressive considering he is playing out of position.
- The Magic have thrown some beautiful passes tonight with most of them coming from Barnes.
Halftime: Magic, Nets tied at 42.
- The Magic picked it up on defense in the second quarter. The Nets were just 6-of-24 in the quarter. The Nets were also 0-of-4 from downtown after going 3-of-4 in the first quarter.
- Orlando went ice cold in the period, going six minutes without a bucket. Halfway through the quarter, Orlando had scored just six points.
- The Nets went up by as many as 10, 36-26.
- They don’t have Ryan Anderson or Rashard Lewis to stretch the floor and the shots aren’t falling (1-of-6 from 3 in the quarter, 3-of-17 overall) so Orlando has been doing a great job getting the ball into Dwight Howard. He has 20 points on 8-of-10 shooting.
- Matt Barnes is filling up the stat sheet – again. He’s been responsible for several of Howard’s dunks because of his excellent passing tonight. He has 4 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists.
- Mickael Pietrus was playing out of control. He has committed 4 turnovers, but he seemed to have calmed down a little midway through the second quarter.
End of 1st Quarter: Nets lead 27-23
- The Nets are shooting 50% (9-of-18) and have made three of their four 3-point attempts.
- Another opposing Point Guard is having a big game – 7 points and 5 assists for Rafer Alston in the quarter.
- The Nets had too many open shooters.
- Alston was cheered during the pre-game introductions.
- Vince Carter is still not getting to the basket. He has 3 points on 1-of-3 shooting, all from beyond the arc.
- The Magic did a good of getting the ball to Dwight Howard in good position. He had several dunks and caught a nice lob for a dunk from Matt Barnes. He has 13 points and 3 rebounds.
- Orlando continues to struggle from downtown. They were 2-of-11 in the opening period.