2010-11 GM Survey Results

May 24, 2010 - Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES - epa02171536 Orlando Magic players celebrate after the end of their overtime defeat of the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference final round playoff game at the TD Bank Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 24 May 2010. The Orlando Magic defeated the Celtics 96-92 and the Celtics lead the best-of-seven series 3-1. The winner will advance to play either the Los Angeles Lakers or the Phoenix Suns in the NBA Finals.

The annual NBA General Manager surveys are out. The Magic aren’t as popular of a pick as they were last year. We can thank Pat Riley, LeBron James and the Heat for that.

Here are some highlights:

  • Dwight Howard was one of only four players to receive votes as a potential league MVP.
  • Howard tied for third in the category of “who you would build your franchise around?” and third in “who forces coaches to make the most adjustments?”
  • Howard received 96.7% of the votes for Best Center in the league.
  • 11.1% of GMs think Orlando will win the East, trailing Miami (70.4%) and Boston (18.5%).
  • Only 25.9% think Orlando will win their division. Miami received the other 74.1%.
  • 77.8% of GMs think Dwight Howard is the league’s best defensive player.
  • Orlando is considered the third best defensive team by the league’s GMs.
  • Mickael Pietrus received votes as the “Best perimeter defender.”

Click here to see the complete results.

(Andrew Melnick is Howard the Dunk’s lead blogger, a contributor on the Fansided Front Page, and co-host of CB Sports Radio from 5-7 pm week days (1420sports.com). Subscribe to his RSS feed, add him on Twitter to follow him daily. You can download the HTD app here).

Next Magic Game Full schedule »
Tuesday, Oct 2828 Oct7:00at New Orleans PelicansBuy Tickets

Tags: Boston Celtics Dwight Howard Los Angeles Lakers Miami Heat Mickael Pietrus Orlando Magic

comments powered by Disqus