The annual NBA General Manager surveys are out. The Magic aren’t as popular of a pick as they were last year. We can thank Pat Riley, LeBron James and the Heat for that.
Here are some highlights:
- Dwight Howard was one of only four players to receive votes as a potential league MVP.
- Howard tied for third in the category of “who you would build your franchise around?” and third in “who forces coaches to make the most adjustments?”
- Howard received 96.7% of the votes for Best Center in the league.
- 11.1% of GMs think Orlando will win the East, trailing Miami (70.4%) and Boston (18.5%).
- Only 25.9% think Orlando will win their division. Miami received the other 74.1%.
- 77.8% of GMs think Dwight Howard is the league’s best defensive player.
- Orlando is considered the third best defensive team by the league’s GMs.
- Mickael Pietrus received votes as the “Best perimeter defender.”
Click here to see the complete results.
(Andrew Melnick is Howard the Dunk’s lead blogger, a contributor on the Fansided Front Page, and co-host of CB Sports Radio from 5-7 pm week days (1420sports.com). Subscribe to his RSS feed, add him on Twitter to follow him daily. You can download the HTD app here).