The media got a chance to speak to Stan Van Gundy and the Magic players after a practice that last nearly four hours.
- Stan was pleased with the conditioning of the team despite only have two big men – he pointed out that Dwight Howard and Daniel Orton had to do several drills without rest.
- SVG called the Magic the “big top” in a “three ring circus.”
- Van Gundy wouldn’t comment on the potential trade between Boston and Orlando, saying his goal was to not lose any money this year outside of a few nearly unavoidable personal fouls.
- As many others pointed, Howard’s free throws look better – they had a little more arc on them.
- Howard said he has not spoken to the Nets or any other team, but did say you’d have to ask his agent or someone close to them if they had.
- Howard also wouldn’t comment about possible acquisitions and said he hadn’t spoken to General Manager Otis Smith about them yet.
- Howard did sound excited about playing with Big Baby Davis, saying “We’re finally on the same team.”
- Howard really didn’t want to talk about the rumors and had a funny quote about Chris Broussard you can see below.
- Dwight was wearing a nice Magic hat that said “Orlando,” but he certainly didn’t sound reassuring.
“I did four hours of work and that’s four hours of coaching in the last seven months.” – SVG
“The one thing I know about rumors is that 99% of them are wrong.”
“I don’t who that source close to the Magic is, but that guy is an idiot.” – SVG
“Chris Broussard, is he like Jesus’ assistant or something? Does he hear from God and speaks to everybody in the world and they listen?” – Dwight Howard
(Andrew Melnick is Howard the Dunk’s lead blogger, ESPN Florida’s Magic Insider (http://ESPNFlorida.com) and is the co-host of the ESPNFlorida.com Insiders Show Sunday mornings at 10:00 am EST. Subscribe to his RSS feed, add him on Facebook and follow him onTwitter to follow him daily. You can download the HTD app here)