The Orlando Magic are entering the most crucial offseason in the history of their franchise. There are questions surrounding the futures of Center Dwight Howard, Head Coach Stan Van Gundy, General Manager Otis Smith and several other key players, including Power Forward Ryan Anderson and Point Guard Jameer Nelson.
Obviously, the Magic don’t have the answers to several of their biggest questions, but there are some things we do know. We know that Howard, Glen Davis, Chris Duhon, Justin Harper, Jason Richardson, Quentin Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu are all under contract for at least one more season.
We also know that…
- Ryan Anderson is a restricted free agent.
- Earl Clark and Jameer Nelson have player options.
- The team can terminate the final year of J.J. Redick’s contract.
- Daniel Orton and Ish Smith are unrestricted free agents.
- DeAndre Liggins has a qualifying offer of $937,195.
- Von Wafer’s salary is fully unguaranteed over the next two seasons.
Click here to continue reading this story.
(Andrew Melnick is Howard the Dunk’s lead blogger, ESPN Florida’s Magic Insider (http://ESPNFlorida.com) and is the co-host of the ESPNFlorida.com Insiders Show Sunday mornings at 10:00 am EST. Subscribe to his RSS feed, add him on Facebook and follow him onTwitter to follow him daily. You can download the HTD app here)