It’s that time of week again! Magic Mailbag Mondays are here! I’m serving up some hot takes on the Magic but not just the Magic. In this edition, we’re talking about Frozen, Pokemon, Jeryl Sasser, and of course, draft questions since that’s right around the corner. You know the deal. Let’s jump in!
1. Worst player in Magic history?
It’s Jeryl Sasser. Also, this might just be the first time Jeryl Sasser has been named on this blog, so I’m going to say Jeryl Sasser one more time. Jeryl Sasser. We’ve made history, dear readers. We’ve made history.
2. If both of them are available, would Orlando be willing to take Embiid at four & Saric at 12 even though there’s a chance neither play next year?
I think the Magic would rather look elsewhere for players if that were the case. Embiid would be an acceptable pick, given that his timetable is 4 to 6 months, but Saric? Hello, Fran Vazquez, how are you over in still-not-the-NBA?
3. Thoughts on Magic signing Ed Davis if they don’t take Vonleh?
I’m a big fan of Ed Davis, so I’d totally be down with them picking him up. Also, I’m not as high on Vonleh as some people, so that’s a win/win.
4. Where is the Romero Osby we all deserve?
Like a character in Marvel movies, just when you thought his time with Orlando was over, he’ll come back! He’s going to play for the Magic’s summer league team. Seriously. He’s our Coulson.
5. Do you think Oladipo is more Anna or Elsa?
Considering that Orlando IS home of Disney World, this is a great question. I couldn’t just let it go. I think Oladipo is more of an Anna. Even though, like Elsa, he’s magical, he’d want to build a snowman if given the chance.
6. If the Magic get a time machine and give Penny bionic knees, can he help the Magic currently?
Yep! And bionic-knee Penny exists, actually. He just goes by the name “Dante Exum” now.
7. Which Pokemon do you start with on Pokemon Blue?
Charmander. Easy. You know, picking Charmander is like the Magic’s rebuild. It might be tough in the beginning. You’ll take losses. Rock gym and water gym. That’ll give you fits. But if you can get through that, you’re going to have a very solid Pokemon that will be really good after that rough patch and I think that’s worth it.
8. Aaron Gordon/Tyler Ennis picks 4 & 12?
I really and truly hope not. I mean really. Please no. I’d trust Hennigan, but please no.
9. Who would you take on a first date, Oladipo or Vucevic?
Oladipo. Have you heard him sing? Good gravy. He can serenade me any time.
10. Do you have a private memoir about the Big Baby Davis experience?
That does it for this week’s Magic Mailbag Mondays! Send in your questions to me on Twitter (@zac_cleary) or the blog’s account (@PrestoInPaint) and you might see your question in next week’s edition!