Chuck Pascal, a Sanders delegate from Allegheny County, went one better, noting that Trump "goes against everything we have fought to achieve, and it is crucial that we unite behind Hillary Clinton to stop him". Bernie Sanders endorsed Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination.
"Surely, we can agree that weapons of war have no place on the streets of America", the 68-year-old Clinton said, according to EFE news agency. WSJ's Jason Bellini reports. Sanders, however, refused to concede, despite criticism from Clinton supporters arguing that a divided Democratic Party would strengthen Donald Trump's campaign.
'I can't help but reflect on how much more enjoyable this election will be now that we are on the same side, ' Clinton said of Sanders.
"You know what I like about Hillary?" said Pauline Raiche, of Brentwood.
The endorsement comes after a campaign in which Sanders has had quite a lot to be proud of.
Recent polls have shown that many Sanders voters plan to back Clinton but have reservations about her honesty.
"Just watching her speech after Bernie was done, everything she said today sounded like what Bernie was saying", Livingston said. Many are criticizing Sanders for betraying his progressive ideals.
Following the announcement, the potential future POTUS celebrated by excitedly proclaiming that she and Senator Sanders were coming together to defeat presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump.
Clinton also took time highlight her push for developing national guidelines on the use of force for law enforcement agencies across the nation as well as more rigorous training on implicit bias.
The specifics of the extent Mr. Sanders' contribution and role in the Mrs. Clinton's campaign are not fully known.
Obama has already endorsed Hillary, as has Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren who is wildly popular among Democrats.
- California student among the 84 dead in France truck attack
- Dwyane Wade Joins LeBron James - In Going Home
- Dixon wins IndyCar pole for 1st time this season at Toronto
- Two further arrests in Nice over truck attack
- 'Sultan' is Eid gift from Salman: Aamir Khan
- Man Killed in Police-Involved Shooting in East Williamsburg
- Jimmie Johnson scores pole at New Hampshire
- Labour leadership: Owen Smith launching challenge
- Cleveland gets ready for Republican National Convention
- Two dead in "random" shooting at Titusville hospital