The storm damaged a couple of trailer homes and two other homes will be a total loss, he said. Aerial survey shows extend of tornado damage in MinnesotaAerial survey shows extend of tornado damage in MinnesotaEmergency officials say the tornado damage is the worst they have seen in at least a decade.
Meeker County Sheriff Brian Cruze is releasing more information on the damage done by tornadoes yesterday (Monday) afternoon.
The weather service said it received reports from law enforcement that state, county and local roads were under water in the warned areas, including Grantsburg, Spooner, Hayward, Ashland, Iron River and Trego.
The National Weather Service said water levels should peak later Tuesday and then go down. No one was hurt, but the twisters left people shaken and homes and apartments in ruins.
The heavy rains caused flooding that closed roads in Aitkin and Crow Wing counties and western Wisconsin. A KARE 11 viewer captured the tornado touching down in Litchfield and Watkins.
"I got up the stairs and my legs were just shaking, but I got out and I'm just fine", said Tschumperlin.
The Red Cross said Monday night they were helping about 50 residents of a nursing home/assisted living complex in Watkins with safe, secure housing and clothing.
Fifty residents were removed from the Hilltop Health Care Center in nearby Watkins after the home lost part of its roof.
Walker declared the emergency Tuesday following overnight rains.
The weather service said the first tornado hit Litchfield about 5 p.m. Monday.
Watkins is now experiencing a complete power outage, he said. Flooding remains a threat in east-central Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin where the National Weather Service says up to 10 inches of rain has fallen in some areas, putting roads underwater and washing out others. In St. Cloud, powerful rain flooded street and left some motorists stranded in high water.
You are reading news and information on LongIsland.com, Long Island's Most Popular Website, Since 1996. "It's quite a shock to see that everything is gone", she said.
- Pokemon Go aiming for rollout to 200 markets soon
- AT&T, Verizon Get Their Wish: FCC Opens Up 5G Airwaves
- San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan announces retirement
- Congress announces Sheila Dikshit as CM candidate for UP elections
- Corrie's Jack P Shepherd reveals he cried real tears over Kylie's exit
- Kevin Durant says joining Warriors super team is 'the hardest road'
- APNewsBreak: Cop's lawyer blames driver's gun, not his race
- Baby Lost During Nice Truck Attack Found Through Facebook
- Fox News Channel suspends Newt Gingrich as contributor
- May filling more government posts; euroskeptics in key roles