Middlesbrough's Christian Stuani, centre, is challenged by West Bromwich Albion's Brendan Galloway, left, and Claudio Yacob during their English Premier League soccer match at The Hawthorns, West Bromwich, England, Sunday, Aug. 28, 2016.
West Bromwich Albion and Málaga are finalizing the final terms of the transfer, which will leave 18 million euros - the player's retention fee plus three million in add-ons, in the Andalucian club's coffers.
The striker was left out of the starting line-up for Sunday's 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough at The Hawthorns, with Pulis saying the 23-year-old needed "to clear his head" as talk again grows that he will leave the club before Wednesday's transfer deadline. "There are no problems with the boardroom, they know my feelings", Pulis said.
Everything was going according to plan when Gareth McAuley gave them an early lead against Everton but they were denied back-to-back victories as the Merseyside outfit hit back to control much of the final 45 minutes. We have 14 players that were here when we came in two years ago when we were favourites to go down.
"You heard them [the fans] booing three games in, but it depends what kind of players they bring in".
"The players need to see some coming in, players with quality". We need to get some players in, hopefully over the next few days that'll happen. We are the top team in the West Midlands and that's what we want to be and stay.
Leko lasted five minutes before pulling up injured and being replaced by Berahino, who has been continually linked with a move this summer with Stoke and Crystal Palace bidding.
"I'm not going to panic and bring a load of players in to satisfy people out there and then, after two weeks, they say they are no better than what we've got", he said.
When quizzed on Berahino's future, he simply suggested that the situation will be "resolved in 48 hours".
" I didn't like the first 15 or 20 minutes, we didn't play well and didn't play with the spirit we have to play with".
- Two United Airline pilots suspected of being drunk arrested in Glasgow
- Aguero facing possible derby ban
- Scientists exit Hawaii dome after yearlong Mars simulation
- 15 killed in barrel bomb attack in Aleppo
- Rio 2016: Australian swimmers banned from closing ceremony
- Western Michigan players arrested, suspended from team
- Clinton calendars won't be released until after election
- Mariah Carey's sister arrested on prostitution charge in Saugerties
- Ronaldo wins UEFA award
- Dozens treated as heroin overdose spikes hit several states