MTV has set Total Registration Live, an hourlong live special aimed at rallying Millennials to register to vote, on National Voter Registration Day, Tuesday, September 27 at 6 PM.
Only this time it's called Total Registration Live and it's one day only. "TRL" is back (kinda) and Kendall Jenner is going to be there! MTV is bringing TRL back tonight for one night only. Ty Dolla $ign will be performing music from his Campaign mixtape, and Joss Whedon (who released this important and hilar get-out-the-vote ad) and Camila Cabello of Fifth Harmony (who recently published this important essay on immigration) will be making appearances, as will Kendall Jenner and other celebrities. MTV's Nessa will host, with assistance from MTV News' Senior Political Correspondent Ana Marie Cox and Senior National Correspondent Jamil Smith. The goal of the hour-long broadcast is to encourage MTV's audience to get out and vote this election season by opening up a dialogue on various political and societal issues.
Conveniently, and with help from handy chatbot HelloVote, the special will allow viewers the first-ever opportunity to register to vote via text or Facebook Messenger, by texting or messaging VOTEMTV to 384387.
That includes 24-year old rape survivor and legislative advocate Amanda Nguyen, Yale freshman and undocumented immigrant Larissa Martinez and 22-year old founder of the Georgia Muslim Voter Project Aisha Yaqoob.
- HPD: Angry lawyer wounds 9 after opening fire at traffic
- Red Sox's David Ortiz wraps up career of crushing Yankees pitching
- Jane Pauley replacing Osgood at 'Sunday Morning'
- No. 23 Georgia RB Chubb injures ankle against Mississippi
- Charlotte Police To Release Video Of Black Man's Fatal Shooting
- Surprise, Surprise: Donald Trump Believes The Presidential Debate Was Rigged
- Brad Pitt's Alleged 'Other Woman' Speaks Out On Divorce From Angelina Jolie
- No. 11 Tennessee handling injuries, early deficits
- Asian shares slip, USA presidential debate awaited
- Canada, China to start free trade talks, explore extradition treaty