Three gunmen have shot eight people including a three-year-old girl on an east Baltimore street.
"This was a planned, premeditated act of retaliatory violence", Davis said, adding the shooting may be linked to a similar incident which happened over Labor Day weekend, where a man was fatally shot and two others were wounded. Police said Colvin drove a vehicle toward the officer, who then fired his service weapon.
They said she and her father were off to the side of the other people who were hit on Preston Street, and the girl was considered to be an unintended target.
The spokesman tweeted that the suspects ran after the shooting and that one of them was armed with a shotgun and the other two had handguns.
Police have identified the man the Federal Bureau of Investigation dubbed "The Aviator", who is suspected in multiple bank robberies in which the robber was wearing aviator-style sunglasses.
Police say the victims injuries are all non-life threatening.
Michael Eugene Stratton, 45, of the 500-block of West Presstman Street in Baltimore, is charged with two counts of robbery and is being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center without bail, police said Sunday.
Six adult men, one adult woman, and the 3-year-old girl were all shot.
All the injured are reported to be out of danger while all the three suspects fled away. Please see our terms of service for more information.
- The streak is over! Vols beat the Gators, 38-28
- Protests Expected Around Charlotte Panthers Game
- Oil prices rise on reported US crude stock draw, firm Japan imports
- Klitschko-Fury rematch postponed again
- Magnificent Seven rides Denzel's star power to $35M debut
- Most voters 'frustrated,' 'disgusted' with 2016 election
- Clinton's grandstanding rejected by Charlotte, Trump mocks 'Crooked Hillary'
- Sacramento's Mayor Reportedly Beat a Protester to a 'Bloody Pulp' Last Night
- Troy Deeney is good enough to play for England, says Walter Mazzarri
- Airstrikes leave people of Aleppo 'without water'