The invite that reads "At Jio we are really excited about introducing this fantastic service and making your Society one of the first in India to Go Digital with our Ultra-Fast Broadband service." asks users to try out the broadband service that will initially be free, just like how the Jio Welcome Offer is working, and it should be a 100 Mbps speed at which the test will be done. They launched the Reliance Jio mobile internet, and they are now working towards the launch of the Reliance JioFiber.
Reliance Jio has alleged over 12 crore calls fail daily between Jio and the networks of Airtel, Vodafone and Idea. That should be the case with even the JioFiber broadband where the company is said to be offering some features like making video calls from TVs, watching Ultra HD movies, downloading songs, etc. and more things are planned for the future. The invitation letters have reportedly been sent out to certain users in Chennai and Mumbai, according to Phone Radar, and there is no information regarding Jio GigaFiber being operational in other cities.
The offer is clearly a reaction to Reliance Jio's offer of 4GB/day of free data under its Welcome Offer. Vodafone India's special data offer will be on a combination of 3G and 4G data networks.
These offers are one way they are trying to ensure that their networks do not remain grossly underutilized and they are still able to report some kind of data growth. "With this offer, we are encouraging new 4G handset users to enjoy the Vodafone SuperNet experience to the fullest and explore the wonders of the internet in a truly worry-free manner", said Sandeep Kataria, Director, Commercial at Vodafone India. The total data of 10 GB will be available till 31 December, and is applicable for prepaid as well postpaid users, Vodafone said in a statement. With the festive season approaching, we are giving a greater reason to customers to upgrade to 4G handsets. Vodafone says this offer is valid for users who are using a new 4G handset - a 4G device that has not been used on Vodafone networks in last six months.
- Teen attacked by shark on Ballina beach
- French President to visit Calais amid migration row
- Disney pulls children's Moana costume from online shop over racism complaints
- Two tropical storms churn in Atlantic
- Wisconsin congressman grills CEO of company that makes EpiPen
- Courtois: Chelsea couldn't cope with Liverpool's pressing
- 'War crimes committed in Aleppo': French UN envoy
- Miami pitcher killed in boating accident
- Britain's Prince William, Kate tour Vancouver without kids
- 'Bridgegate' Trial: Star Witness David Wildstein Returns To The Stand