J.T. Barrett completed 14 of 20 passes for 152 yards and four touchdowns. Barrett set the record for the most passing touchdowns in a career with 58, passing Bobby Hoying. Now starting quarterback JT Barrett and the Ohio State Buckeyes look to win a game at home today in which they're heavily favored.
Ohio State's first drive started with a Barrett interception, and the Buckeyes only led 6-0 after one quarter. Weber helped Ohio State (4-0, 1-0) pour it on with a 46-yard touchdown run on the opening possession of the second half.
Offensively, Ohio State football is averaging 239.0 yards in passing and 306.0 yards in rushing, and 56.7 points per game. Weber and Curtis Samuel form a dynamic skill position duo for the Buckeyes. Former Ohio State head coach Earle Bruce became the 14th non-band member to "dot the i" in the band's pregame performance of Script Ohio. Barrett's day was over before the third quarter was, and he finished 21-for-29 with 238 yards to go along with that quartet of scoring throws. Urban Meyer said Booker was "probable" this week after missing the last two games with an MCL sprain. The Scarlet Knights also lost senior DE Quanzell Lambert (knee) for the season in that loss to Iowa.
Ohio State piled up 669 yards of total offense, including 410 on the ground.
Ohio State: The Buckeyes took care of business again and blew out an overmatched team.
Rutgers: The Scarlets Knights' rough ride through the conference continues with a night game at home against No. 4 MI.
For an early stretch on Saturday, it seemed like Ohio State football might actually suffer from a minor Oklahoma/bye week hangover.
- US, Russia say Syria's truce not dead; more meetings planned
- Australian government wants slower switch to clean energy
- Spieth and Reed set early pace for USA at Ryder Cup
- Clinton leads Trump by 5 points in US presidential race
- Bar: Marlins' Fernandez was there before fatal boat accident
- Tulsa officer booked, released on bond
- Nifty breaks 8600, Sensex falls 500 pts after India strikes Pak
- Jamaica braces for Hurricane Matthew
- BCCI misses first deadline to implement Lodha reforms
- Dueling truths follow Indian raid in Pakistani Kashmir