Jose Mourinho could face a second Football Association charge in less than a week after he was sent to the stands during Manchester United's Premier League match against Burnley on Saturday.
Cracks were beginning to appear in the United patience as Ander Herrera picked up a yellow card for a late challenge before Jose Mourinho was sent to the stands after complaining about a penalty appeal not given for a tackle on Matteo Darmian. Read the main points from his post-match interview at Old Trafford...
The 30-year old, who never got a look-in at United during his 2005-2010 stint at the club, made 11 saves as the home side enjoyed 72 percent of the possession, with 37 shots on goal.
Were it not for some virtuoso goalkeeping displays from Lee Grant and Tom Heaton, we might not even be having this conversation at all. We need to congratulate the players for their fight and for their belief, for their will and desire to win.
"To be fair I don't know and I don't think it's very important", he replied. "It is not important what Jose said, what is important is what the referee writes in his report".
"The people in the stadium could feel that the players gave everything".
"You can see in the last three games of the championship N'Golo could score three goals", the former Juventus manager said. We fought from the first second to get the result we wanted. And I'm sure that if we continue in this way, we can have good satisfaction for our work.
Manchester United has had a lacklustre start to the EPL season and Henrikh Mkhitaryan had moved to reassure the fans and believes better days will come.
The midweek victory over a second-string Manchester City in the League Cup will not be enough to spare Mourinho criticism, particularly since star summer signings Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic again failed to show signs of paying back United's investment. United's start is now worse than under David Moyes in 2014 and only marginally better than under Louis van Gaal previous year.
"I think the referee did fantastic work".
There are moments when you create one or two chances and you score.
- Maffeo backs Guardiola to end winless spell
- SIRIUS (SIRI) Q3 Earnings in Line, Revenues Beat Estimates
- Clinton rallies with Mrs. Obama as Trump alleges corruption
- Ibrahimovic almost broke my arm - Heaton
- Ex-UK leader says voters should be able to reconsider Brexit
- Dallas Mavericks vs Indiana Pacers - NBA Betting Preview + Prediction
- Browns fans unfurl misspelled Dawg Pound banner
- Health law consumers face least choice in program's history
- Kylie Jenner Threw the Most Intense Halloween Dinner Last Night
- Xiongmai recalls security cameras used in Dyn attack