He came in with big expectations after unparalleled success with Barcelona and Bayern Munich but how has Pep Guardiola done so far as Manchester City manager?
City's six winless games include three draws and a loss to United in which Pep sent out a heavily weakened side against Jose Mourinho's strongest available XI.
After a phenomenal start to the season, Guardiola has now hit his first first slump as City manager.
"He was injured many times".
"We gave everything and at the moment we are not getting what we deserve", the France global told the City website.
Aleksandar Kolarov replaced the Belgian worldwide at Old Trafford in the EFL Cup match, with the visitors losing 1-0 courtesy of Juan Mata's 54th-minute strike.
The Frenchman won the Champions League in his first season in charge and has guided Madrid to top of La Liga this season - one of only two teams to remain undefeated. He was signed from Hamburg in August 2008 and his current contract runs until 2019. We need to handle the situation until he can play 90 minutes. "But, we are fighting, like we were in the beginning".
Manchester City could've lost Pep Guardiola before his appointment in the second-half of last season. "I don't think Real Madrid needs a manager like me and I wouldn't fit there either", he added.
"But we have to go game by game".
But, despite injuries and their recent slump in form, City still have more than enough quality to get the better of Tony Pulis' side again and returning to winning ways. Set-pieces certainly look the best route to take for the hosts and their physicality when piling men into the area is not to be overlooked, particularly on the evidence of Bravo's ability to flap and flounder at the high ball when under pressure. Friends. So they are in an age where they can't chase me like they did before.
- Volkswagen Atlas 7-Seater SUV revealed
- The Walking Dead's Glenn bids farewell to fans
- Chinese official: anti-graft drive not politically motivated
- UPS to buy 14 Boeing freighter planes
- Joe Biden fight would look like
- Mourinho faces FA charge over referee comments
- This tennis player chopped off her ponytail mid-match!
- South Koreans seek Note 7 payback from Samsung
- Myanmar reports first Zika case in pregnant woman
- Tom Cruise Reenacts His Famous Film Roles With James Corden