When Raiders quarterback Derek Carr suffered a broken leg in Saturday's 33-25 win over the Colts, Oakland's hopes for a long playoff run were carted off the field with him.
Backup Matt McGloin will start Sunday's road regular season finale against the Denver Broncos. So it's understandable that the organization doesn't want this opportunity to pass them by without one of their best players.
Meanwhile, Carr has already done the heavy lifting to this point, getting the Raiders to 12 wins. It will be incumbent upon the offensive line and backs to do more, the special teams to do more.
In September, following the Raiders' win over the Saints, Carr was asked about performing in big moments and referred to Bryant. "Thank you for all of your prayers as I heal up!"
"We felt like you had to keep the pedal down on that opponent, that quarterback in that game". With a bye, they get an extra week to prepare for their upcoming divisional match-up. We knew they were going to give everything they had to close the game any way they could.
But Carr has kept his social media messages positive - from the day he was injured to the day he had surgery.
"I think the question would be a little different if it was like, "Coach, don't you think you got a little conservative there?"
"I'll just leave it at that".
- Mahavir Phogat 10 times stricter than Aamir's character in Dangal: Vinesh Phogat
- OPEC effect: Brent crude passes $55
- Scarlett Johansson Is Forbes' Top Grossing Actor of 2016
- Flu 'widespread' in New York State, health officials say
- PL roundup: Chelsea earn 12th straight win, Man Utd comfortable at home
- Former Argentine president Kirchner charged with graft
- Russian athletic officials admit 'institutional' doping program for first time
- The Funny Story Behind Carrie Fisher's Last Photo With Fan Goes Viral
- Park to host First Day Hike
- KD Cannon Declares for NFL Draft