"He is in bed w/ Wall St. & is funded by Goldman Sachs".
In this November 29, 2016 photo, Goldman Sachs COO Gary Cohn arrives at Trump Tower in NY, for a meeting with President-elect Donald Trump.
President-elect Donald Trump reportedly is set to name a top Goldman Sachs official to coordinate his administration's economic policy, his latest of several picks from a company he consistently attacked during his campaign. He slammed Hillary Clinton for receiving speaking fees from the bank.
Goldman Sachs leadership now seems unfazed by Trump's campaign rhetoric. "They have total, total control over him", Trump said of Cruz.
President-elect Donald Trump has tapped Gary Cohn, the president and chief operating officer of Goldman Sachs, to lead the National Economic Council (NEC), CBS News confirms.
Trump even featured video of Goldman chief executive Lloyd Blankfein in a campaign ad with the voiceover, "Hillary Clinton meets in secret with worldwide banks to plot the destruction of USA sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special interest friends and her donors". Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton.
He was known throughout Goldman for his direct and abrasive manner in dealing with colleagues, although he has become more polished in recent years, current and former executives said.
"I'm not going to let Wall Street get away with murder", Trump told voters in Iowa.
Cohn has a reputation for abrasiveness, but also for getting things done, according to a Wall Street Journal profile previous year. Wall Street executives also opposed the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation signed by President Barack Obama, legislation Trump has vowed to overhaul.
According to Thomson Reuters data, he has $190 million worth of stock in Goldman.
- Donald Trump remains producer on 'New Celebrity Apprentice'
- Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler to multi-year deal
- Brady have animosity for Ravens after Deflategate? 'Try to put everything aside'
- Dutch Detain Man With Rifle, Ammo, Image of IS Flag at Home
- Super Mario Run Reveals New Modes and Playable Characters
- IS launches overnight attack against Iraqi troops in Mosul
- Police investigating racist graffiti in Giants player's home
- Steady Activities: Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE:FCX), Coach, Inc. (NYSE:COH)
- France's Le Pen calls for end of education for illegal migrants
- Heavyweight champ Joshua back at Wembley for defining fight