CNN hosts reflected on how tough it must be for failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to attend Friday's inauguration of Donald Trump during the network's coverage of the event. Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who has continued to push for an investigation into Clinton's email server, said he's "so pleased" Clinton wasn't sworn in on Friday.
"And honestly there's nothing more I can say because I have a lot of respect for those two people", he continued.
During the campaign, Mr Trump branded his opponent "crooked Hillary", while he and his surrogates led crowds in chants of "lock her up". It's the same color she wore to the Democratic National Convention, and many noted that white was the color suffragettes wore when they fought for the right to vote.
After losing the election to Trump in November, Clinton gave a powerful concession speech in which she reaffirmed her commitment to ensuring the peaceful transfer of power.
Trump asked former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to stand and be recognized at the gathering. She deserved credit for that-at the time.
Inauguration ceremony gathered the whole Trump family, the first lady Melania was ideal in her Ralph Lauren outfit. John King chirped up, "The two men who denied her the presidency in one vehicle".Understandably, many progressives are pissed that Clinton is attending.Former presidents usually attend each new president's inauguration. Not even close. Maybe that came on a day shortly after the election when an eager supporter Tweeted out a photo of herself with Clinton in the forest near her Chappaqua home. "We're going to get along", Trump added.
- Six parties to take part in Astana talks, United States as abserver
- Arsene Wenger accused of 'girly' push on fourth official Anthony Taylor
- Woakes wants England to be pitch ideal in Kolkata
- Trump inauguration ratings second biggest in 36 years
- Jared Kushner, Trump son-in-law, cleared to serve as White House adviser
- Sitting down for too long can age women faster, says study
- U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem still at beginning stages at White House
- Trump White House offered 'alternative facts' on crowd size
- Expect another heavyweight fight when Patriots and Steelers kick off
- Britney Spears Reveals How Relationship with Sam Asghari Began