However, if Raiders' Matt McGloin is unable to suit up because of the shoulder injury he suffered against the Denver Broncos, Gilbert would be activated to the 53-man roster. Connor Cook came into the game and threw for 121 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception.
"Operated a dink-and-dunk passing game featuring a lot of high-percentage, lateral tosses and short crossers that heavily padded his completion percentage", according to NFL's Nolan Nawrocki.
So what now? As of 1:15pm eastern time, McGloin is listed as questionable.
The Raiders have reportedly signed quarterback Garrett Gilbert to their practice squad, Gilbert's agent Leigh Steinberg tweeted Monday morning.
The Texans will host the Oakland Raiders next weekend in the wild card round of the playoffs. Do they risk re-injuring McGloin, that is, if he is able to play by then or do they play the rookie, who seemed to have a good feel of the game?
Now our attention turns to whether the game will be played on Saturday, January 7th or Sunday, January 8th, and which of the two kickoff times on each of those days will be reserved for Texans-Raiders. There is nothing normal about this for the Raiders because it's their first time in the playoffs since 2002.
The Raiders don't exactly ride into the playoffs on a wave of momentum having lost starting quarterback Derek Carr to a broken leg on Christmas Eve against Indianapolis.
- Joint memorial service planned for Fisher and Reynolds
- Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak expected to step down
- First SpaceX Rocket Launch After Explosion Likely On January 8th
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Score and Twitter Reaction from 2017 Regular Season
- This is what 2016 looks like as a horror movie trailer
- Fans Create A Carrie Fisher Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Texas judge halts federal transgender health protections
- Bag found along Lake Erie coast possibly connected to missing plane
- San Diego Chargers Fire Head Coach Mike McCoy
- Brazil prison riot more than 50 in Amazonas state