In his talk with the investors Thomas Tippl said that Infinite Warfare presented "underperformed", adding that "it's clear that for a portion of our audience, the space setting just didn't resonate". Mr Hirshberg promised that 2017's episode of the series would go "back to its roots" with more "traditional combat". Call of Duty 2017 is being developed by Sledgehammer Games as part of Activision's three-year, three-studio development cycle.
While Call of Duty is still Activision's best-known brand, Blizzard's new hit Overwatch more than compensated for the shortfall, with Bobby Kotick, group chief executive, hailing it as a "major new franchise". Meanwhile, head over to the official Steam page for Infinite Warfare to see what all of the complaints have been about.
As a reminder, Infinite Warfare was the best-selling game in the USA for 2016, even if it didn't quite reach the numbers of previous titles. While PC isn't the most popular platform for Call of Duty games, it does suggests that whatever interest players had in Infinite Warfare was fleeting. However, Activision's COO said they will be revealing the title and setting soon. This is somewhat unusual for them, considering that they're the team that started the new era in Call of Duty games.
That's the take-away from Tuesday's earnings call with Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg. This will give players the chance to pick up a new PS4 Slim with a 500GB HDD that also comes with a free game packed-in.
It's possible Activision saw the success of EA's Battlefield 1 which took the series from a modern day setting all the way back to World War 1. Be that as it may, it's most likely a fact that Infinite Warfare is polarizing among in-your-face fans.
The gameplay in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Sledgehammer Games' first Call of Duty title.
Infinite Warfare was the best-selling game of 2016 in the United States and the second best-selling (after Federation Internationale de Football Association 17) in the UK, but that doesn't tell the story you might think.
What the disappointing Infinite Warfare results really mean-and, by the way, it was still the best-selling game of the holidays-is that this series will not continue. Sledgehammer Games produced the game as its second Call of Duty game. Let us know down below in the comments.
- Liverpool ban 'The Sun' journalists
- Moyes looks to Sunderland to build on Palace win
- The Manulife Financial Corp. (MFC) Receives Consensus Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- Three Keys for Duke Basketball in Tobacco Road Rivalry Game
- Seattle to cut ties with Wells Fargo over Dakota Access pipeline
- Sensex rebounds 173 points, Nifty tops 8800 in early trade
- Nvidia enjoys enviable Q4 2016 and fiscal 2017 growth
- Appeals court says no ruling Wednesday on Trump travel ban
- Orange gator draws attention in SC
- Turkey and Russian Federation disagree over cause of botched airstrike