Saint Etienne hosts Manchester United on Wednesday at Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in the second leg of their Europa League Round of 32 matchup.
The transfer would also benefit United as a high-earner would no longer be on their books, freeing up space in the summer budget for Mourinho's own plans to bring in players. "As I said before, the most important thing is that we focus on our job so that we can progress in the Europa League".
Rooney has not started a game for United since the FA Cup fourth-round win at home to Wigan Athletic on January 29 and has not appeared at all since the 0-0 Premier League draw against Hull City on February 1. "I cannot guarantee that I'm here next week, how can I guarantee that a player is here next season?"
"I can not play against Chelsea with the second team".
Last season, Manchester City were landed in a similar predicament as they travelled to Dynamo Kiev for a Champions League tie three days after an FA Cup clash at Chelsea in round five that was re-arranged for television.
"I can not do that".
United going down to 10 men failed to change to pattern of play for Saint-Etienne as the clearer chances fell to Manchester United.
Saint-Etienne are missing winger Oussama Tannane.
"I have no reaction", said the United manager.
"The FA Cup is attractive, the competition is historical".
"I can not go there with U21s. Probably they would deserve it, but I don't do that".
The hosts come into this match deflated and sapped of confidence, as they went down 2-1 to Montpellier at La Mosson on Sunday. He's playing less and believes he still has a lot to give.
"I have to make some rotation but some of the boys will have to play in all these consecutive matches".
Despite the advantage and the EFL Cup final on Sunday, Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho made six changes to name a very strong lineup with Ibrahimovic, Pogba and Mkhitaryan all starting. This situation could repeat itself next month, he said. With one swing of his cultured left foot, Mata left the St Etienne defence for dead and Mkhitaryan was on hand to apply the finishing touch. But when I do get my chance, I try to prove to myself and to my family that I'm up to the job. "A calf and hamstring, even if it is minor damage, I still think they'll be out".
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says he can not guarantee that Wayne Rooney will finish the season at the club.
- US Fed officials say they may need to raise rates 'fairly soon'
- Manchester City outgun Monaco in Champions League
- Hate Crimes 2017: Jewish Anti-Defamation League Receives Bomb Threat At Headquarters
- Riots erupt in Swedish suburb days after Trump comments
- Blac Chyna Shares Her Latest Baby Weight Loss Milestone
- Martin Scorsese Will Bring The Irishman To Netflix
- Priscilla Presley confirms she's taking care of Elvis' grandchildren amid custody battle
- Three New Solar Farms Totaling 320 Megawatts For North Victoria
- Islamic State bombings kill 2 in eastern Mosul
- Force India target top three in 2017