The recall has already impacted several brands of cheese and RTE salads, and it may eventually spread further to other food applications.
Sargento Foods, Plymouth, Wis., initiated its original recall on February 10 of sliced and shredded cheeses that may have been processed on the same line at Deutsch Kase Haus where Listeria contamination was identified.
Sargento Foods, Plymouth, Wis., initiated its original recall of sliced and shredded cheeses on February 10.
Private Selections Hardwood Smoked Gouda Slice, 8 ounces, with a sell-by date of May 6, 2017.
Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana, notified Sargento that it supplied the company with a Longhorn Colby cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes.
Check the full list here.
The company revealed the recall was necessary given that the bug can cause serious illness - and could even cause meningitis.
Ready Pac Foods Inc recalled chicken salad in the USA as the potentially affected cheese was used as part of the product.
Meanwhile the Food Safety Authority of Ireland have issued a statement, which reads as follows: "As a precautionary measure, Tesco is recalling the above batches of Tesco Cheeses of Ireland Wicklow Blue, due to the possible presence of Listeria monocytogenes". Additionally, Food Safety News reports that cheese brands Sara Lee, Saputo, Dutch Valley and Guggisberg, as well as store-branded products from Meijer, Albertsons and H-E-B are impacted.
- Bulls send Taj Gibson and Doug McDermott to Thunder
- Born panda Bao Bao lands in China after leaving DC zoo
- Is Jimmy Kimmel Planning to Roast Donald Trump at the Oscars?
- Turkish military says 56 Islamic State militants killed in Syria
- Gov. Snyder still has concerns with income tax cut
- YouTube stream of giraffe giving birth back up after complaints of nudity
- New Wireless Charging Method Could Transmit Power Like Wi-Fi
- First Solar, Inc. (FSLR) Lowered to Underperform at Credit Suisse Group
- U.S. pre-open: Stocks seen muted as investors eye FOMC minutes
- Five Tracks Where Dale Earnhardt Jr. Will Show Strength In 2017