The Galaxy S8 has ditched its predecessor's physical home button, instead moving to a stunning 5.8-inch near edge-to-edge Infinity Display. Samsung's latest flagships have already been released in South Korea, and most carriers in the United States and Canada have started shipping all pre-ordered devices.
This may be good news for Samsung's new flagship smartphone Galaxy S8 considering the two or three year smartphone upgrade cycle. A fact that has been confirmed by Philip Berne, one of the company's manager in the US.
The tally compares with preorders for 200,000 units for its predecessor, the Galaxy S7, over a week, and 400,000 for the ill-fated Galaxy Note 7 over 13 days.
A couple of people say they weren't able to modify the color because the display panel was already optimized. Others apparently went to service centers to solve the issue and were told to change their device. So as to offset the potential color balance problem of too much green, Samsung strengthened the red color. As per a report by The Verge earlier, XDA Developers had figured out a way to change the button's goal. However, why has Samsung removed the ability to remap the Bixby Button on its flagship smartphones? For PHP 1,500 on top of Plan 399, customers can acquire the 6.2-inch Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus for PHP 1,899 per month under a 24-month contract, with a one-time cash-out of PHP 8,000. It was even possible to launch Google Now if you like it more over the latest Google Assistant. Those of you who think they can simply reassign the button to something else - say, launch Google Assistant - should know that Samsung is officially blocking that capability.
Samsung's digital assistant Bixby is here to help, whether or not you want it to.
While in the U.S., the Galaxy S8 is powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor, those in India will get a Samsung Exynos 8895 processor, built using the latest 10nm processor. Though the two smartphones will be up for pre-orders at 12 noon on April 19, 2017.
- 'Fate of the Furious' races to biggest global box office opening ever
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc Earnings Miss As Institutional Unit Drags
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. Earnings Ahead: Quick Glance
- Drake the victim of $10 home burglary; accused of fathering a child
- White House decides against releasing visitor records
- Arkansas fights on multiple legal fronts to begin executions
- Palace fight back to force 2-2 draw with Leicester
- The Next 'Star Wars' Spinoff Could Be Announced This Summer
- Pretty Little Liars 7×11 Playtime video preview
- BJP hails PM Modi as ambassador of good governance