One player who definitely is scoring goals for United is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and it was his stoppage time penalty that levelled the scores after Phil Jagielka had given the visitors the lead when he got on the end of a flick from Ashley Williams.
"The penalty was the right decision, but it was really hard to take".
Watford moved up to ninth after beating West Brom 2-0 while Burnley look virtually safe after their 1-0 win over Stoke helped them climb to 12th.
He claimed he wants to ensure he can perform to the best of his abilities before signing a new deal, but reports claim a Champions League qualification will also play a role in his decision. "Until it's mathematically impossible, we keep trying and, because this week is a week without the Europa League, we have nothing to think about Europe so this week is easy from the focus point of view". It's a point but it's nowhere near enough.
"You cannot give up on anything and results can go amusing ways sometimes", Carrick told MUTV.
"We're obviously giving ourselves the tougher task, but we're not giving up".
"20 matches unbeaten is unbelievable", the United boss said, having conceded his players struggled for confidence against Everton.
Things would have been much different had Mourinho's side managed to turn dominance into goals, especially at home, where their 21-goal haul is the same as relegation-threatened Hull and Swansea. I still am. We had seven from 18 players aged 22 or under today.
"We scored two legal goals but I tell you with a smile on my face because I am not upset with the linesman", Mourinho told the BBC.
"The performance was not very good", Mourinho said.
"I tell you this because I told him already".
He added: "We don't score enough goals, it is as simple as that".
Again an exasperated Mourinho was highly-critical of his sides attack and an inability to make the most of their chances after a 12th draw of the campaign - nine of which have been at Old Trafford.
The Portuguese manager, however, continued his criticism of the left-back and this time questioned his understanding of the game despite labelling his performance "good".
"We are doing everything to create chances and to take our chances", he said.
"But they fought until the last second".
"After pressure, after pressure, after pressure the goal finally arrived and at least you don't have the feeling of defeat".
- Patriots sign Mike Gillislee to a $6.4 million offer sheet
- Mountain Lion Snatches Woman's Dog off Bed in Middle of the Night
- Apple Music will integrate with Facebook Messenger's new song
- AMD RX 500 Series Launched; Pricing Details Now Available
- Trump More Dangerous Than Kim Jong Un
- Suspect in shooting spree that killed three shouts 'Allahu Akbar' when arrested
- No need for Trump's approval to use massive bomb
- Johnson & Johnson says pricing competition squeezing sales
- 'Shattered' Picks Through The Broken Pieces Of Hillary Clinton's Dream
- Facebook CEO sees augmented reality's future in the camera