Lorde will perform on the main stage at Coachella Sunday night (US time) before Kendrick Lamar.
The chorus goes: "I'm blowing shit up with homemade dynamite".
The highlight for many was the debut of new song, "Homemade Dynamite".
Lorde performed all five of her new songs at Coachella with "Sober", "Liability" and "Green Light".
"I thought about all the ups and downs of being a twentysomething, specifically all the ups and downs of an evening".
The song is called Homemade Dynamite, has an upbeat, clubby vibe, and includes the lines: "So let's let things come out of the woodwork / I'll give you my best side, tell you all my best lies".
Most notably, Lorde previewed the long-awaited track "Sober", prepping everyone for her performance on Sunday.
It was Lorde's first live performance (not counting SNL) in nearly three years, and the brooding pop star graced the small, attentive crowd with new songs off her upcoming album, Melodrama, including an unheard track, "Sober". Her next album, "Melodrama", will be released Jun. 16. She opened with Tennis Courts, followed by Magnets and 400 Lux.
Video from the gig shows Lorde in the small venue, close to the audience, treating the packed room to her trade-mark dance moves.
- Drop Off Prescription Drugs At Falmouth Police Station
- New NSA leak may expose its bank spying, Windows exploits
- Six detained in St Petersburg for suspected ISIS recruitment
- Oil slides as US pumps more, but OPEC and North Korea loom
- Phila. schools on lockdown, reports of sightings of Facebook killing suspect
- Russia, Google reach $7.8 million settlement on Android case
- North Korea Launches Missile, Military Officials Believe It Has Failed
- Teen shot dead; 54 wounded in clashes in Kashmir
- North Korea attempts but fails to launch missile: South Korea
- Sharks beat Oilers 3-2 in overtime in Game 1