Poor Malia Obama! The Secret Service has detained a man accused of stalking and harassing the former first daughter on multiple occasions, including begging her to marry him at her NYC internship! Two days later, he was stopped by agents while allegedly following Obama after she left her internship, CBS New York reports.
According to the Daily News, Obama White House staffers had expressed frustration with the way paparazzi photographed the eldest Obama daughter when she was out in public because they feared it could fuel the sort of behavior Cardoso exhibited. At the time, Cardosa stood outside the Weinstein Company building in the West Village, which Malia was working inside at the time, and kept an eye on her.
On Tuesday, Secret Service agents came to the First Precinct stationhouse in Lower Manhattan and reported Cardoso, sources said.
On a father-daughter date night last month, Barack Obama attended a Broadway play with daughter, Malia.
On April 13, the agents visited the man's apartment in Brooklyn and spoke with him. In 2015, she interned on Lena Dunham's HBO series, Girls, MSN reported.
They determined him to be emotionally disturbed and he was taken to an area hospital for a psych evaluation. At this moment, it is not clear in what capacity Obama will eventually work but it is a pleasant step forward in an industry that continues to face problems in terms of appointing women and women of color.
After graduating high school last year, Obama is now on a gap year.
The 18-year-old is set to start school at Harvard College in the fall.
- British PM calls for snap election — BREXIT
- Gold falls as U.S. dollar rebounds
- Serena Williams won the Australian Open while pregnant, it seems
- North Korea missile launch fails: Seoul
- What's next and what's at stake in UK snap election
- Facebook murder suspect found dead in vehicle
- US Sen. Elizabeth Warren launches book tour
- "Kya tumhe yakeen hai?" says Salman Khan in Tubelight's first poster
- No need for Trump's approval to use massive bomb
- Thousands Demand Trump Release Tax Returns