Chicago Cubs' Addison Russell celebrates as he runs down the third base line after hitting a game winning three-run home run off Milwaukee Brewers relief pitcher Neftali Feliz in the ninth inning of a baseball game, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, in Chicago.
Brewers slugger and former La Crosse Logger Eric Thames had two doubles and three hits but ended his franchise record-tying homer streak at five games. Travis Shaw was 3-for-4 with a homer and three RBIs.
Triggs (3-0) allowed three hits and two unearned runs in six innings. But Jon Jay walked with one out in the ninth, took third on a single by pinch-hitter Miguel Montero and scored on Kris Bryant's single.
Hundley doubled into the left field corner with two outs to set up Panik's game-winning hit off Scott Alexander (0-1).
"We have the target on our backs".
That chased Nelson, and then Jay greeted Hughes with a triple off the base of the wall in right-center to score Almora and tie it. Jacob Barnes came on for the 7th and pitched a scoreless frame with three strikeouts, but Corey Knebel ran into trouble in the bottom of the eighth.
"What he's doing is really hard to do", said Counsell, the Brewers manager. He threw 88 pitches (57 strikes) and appears ready to be activated from the 10-day DL.
The head of Chicago Sport and Social Club says adult recreational softball league games have been moved to other city parks in the meantime. "He's ready to go".
The loss was the fourth straight for Chicago (6-7) while the Brewers won their second straight and sixth in seven games.
In an effort to discourage those within the organization from selling their World Series rings, the Chicago Cubs are asking non-players to sign an agreement giving the team the right to buy back the ring for $1.
- NCAA Awards FSU 2022 Golf Regional Championships
- VA tests partnership with CVS to reduce veterans' wait times
- Malcolm Butler Signs Restricted Free Agent Tender
- Victoria receives OBE from Prince William
- Penguins beat Blue Jackets in OT, Canadiens defeat Rangers
- American Express profit falls 13 percent, but tops forecasts
- IBM weighs on Dow but other indexes rise
- Google said to be planning ad-blocking filter for Chrome browser
- Bahrain test - Hamilton fastest on first day in Sakhir
- Penn State to host NCAA Women's Frozen Four