Serena Williams, tennis superstar and Sports Illustrated athlete of the year, seems to have announced her pregnancy in a post to her story in Snapchat. The Grand Slam victor, 35, teased the announcement on Snapchat Wednesday morning, posting a pic that was captioned, "20 weeks".
The 23-time Grand Slam victor announced back in December that she had gotten engaged to Ohanian, gushing that she "feels good" about her engagement.
Serena Williams is expecting a baby and will not play again in 2017, her representative has confirmed.
Serena Williams now holds 23 Grand Slam titles, more than any other player in the Open Era.
The news isn't entirely unexpected as Williams has long hinted that she wanted to be a mother some day, but the timing is a bit of a surprise.
On the moment he popped the question, she wrote: "At the same table we first met by chance, this time he made it not by chance, but by choice".
When Serena was crowned SI's 2015 Sportsperson of the Year, she subsequently became the first woman in 32 years and the first black woman ever to win the award outright.
Tennis great Serena Williams has been a busy woman these past few months.
Williams recently got engaged to boyfriend and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian.
Congratulations are in order about the news that Serena Williams is pregnant!
News of a little one immediately sent Twitter into a tizzy about Williams, given that good friend Beyonce is pregnant with twins.
"He's incredibly-a really nice person", she said.
The Australian Open was her last competitive match, as in March she pulled out of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells and a WTA Tour event in Miami.
Williams has won 72 career singles championships, is 23-6 in Grand Slam finals and is the two-time defending Wimbledon champ.
- No need for Trump's approval to use massive bomb
- Klopp questions decision to make Dortmund play so soon after attack
- Former NFL Player Aaron Hernandez Found Dead Inside Prison Cell
- Israel troops shoot, kill Palestinian in car-ramming attack
- Facebook murder suspect found dead in vehicle
- Kenyans Dominate Boston Marathon
- Late Ibrahimovic penalty earns draw for Man Utd against Everton
- Tillerson: Iran deal fails to achieve nuclear-free objective
- North Korea missile launch fails: Seoul
- US Sen. Elizabeth Warren launches book tour