The announcement is exciting, but it probably would have had more of an impact if Starbucks baristas everywhere hadn't spoiled the announcement by posting about the Unicorn Frappuccino early on social media. Later, a photo of pink dust emerged, and then, of course, the 'grams followed. But once it's stirred, "the color transforms from purple to pink, and the flavor evolves from sweet and fruity to tangy and tart". Now Starbucks is taking the trend to a new level with its first Unicorn Frappuccino® blended beverage. Stirring the drink somehow subtracts all the blue from it? It appears no actual unicorns were harmed in the making of the libation. Sorry, UK and Australia, the myth-inspired beverage is only available at participating stores in the US, Canada and Mexico from April 19-23.
But what does it taste like?
So apparently it's a sweet and sour creamy mango-coffee drink...sounds, um, interesting.
Ending days of social media speculation over whether Starbucks would be offering a "Unicorn Frappuccino", the coffee company on Tuesday confirmed that it would indeed be offering the brightly hued, coffee-free sweet drink.
Others have said that the drink is "prettier than it tastes", "a hot mess with a cute appearance", and you don't have to speak Spanish to understand this one-word review: "No". Otherwise, try ordering it "easy on the blue".
- Palace fight back to force 2-2 draw with Leicester
- Grizzlies coach goes ballistic after loss, says officiating 'unacceptable, unprofessional'
- Rudy Gestede urges Middlesbrough to keep believing
- BJP hails PM Modi as ambassador of good governance
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc Earnings Miss As Institutional Unit Drags
- The Next 'Star Wars' Spinoff Could Be Announced This Summer
- White House decides against releasing visitor records
- Arkansas fights on multiple legal fronts to begin executions
- Lawyer: Genital procedure on girls was part of 'religious practice'
- Pretty Little Liars 7×11 Playtime video preview