A Youtube account believed to be that of Muhammad features poorly shot videos featuring him rapping about white people being evil.
Muhammad's alleged shooting spree began around 10:45 a.m. when police say he shot a man in a utility truck.
The shooting happened outside a Catholic Charities building, but spokeswoman Teresa Dominguez said the charity doesn't believe the suspect was tied to the nonprofit organization. The chief said it was too early to tell whether terrorism was a factor. There, he encountered a man in the parking lot and killed him, Dyer said.
Police said they determined that the passenger had been shot by the suspect they now have in custody, who was identified as 39-year-old Kori Ali Muhammad.
The Fresno Bee newspaper reported that the gunman opened fire with a handgun while cursing shortly before 11am (1am Wednesday, Thailand time) near a Catholic Charities building.
"Immediately upon the individual seeing the officer he literally dove onto the ground and was taken into custody.as he yelled out 'Allahu Akhbar, '" police chief Jerry Dyer said at a press conference held on the same day, according to local news outlet ABC30.
Police said that Muhammad's Facebook account indicated that he did not favor white people and spoke out against the government. At least two of his victims were white. He also was wanted for a separate killing from last week, in which a motel security guard in Fresno was gunned down. Muhammad has some criminal history and has been in the Fresno area for many years.
Muhammad faces four counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder, authorities said.
Patch will update this breaking news story.
- Kelly says critical lawmakers should changes laws or shut up
- Rudy Gestede urges Middlesbrough to keep believing
- Trump More Dangerous Than Kim Jong Un
- Galaxy S8: More screen and elegance, but a hefty price tag
- Irving scores 37, Cavs hold on to beat Pacers 117-111
- Half a million Iraqis displaced in Mosul operation
- Carmelo and La La Anthony separated. Melo to leave NY ?
- Global economy to grow by 3.5 per cent
- White House decides against releasing visitor records
- Trump takes direct aim at Canadian dairy