Toronto entered play Tuesday against the Red Sox with a 2-10 record, the worst mark in the major leagues.
The Toronto Blue Jays placed left-hander J.A. Happ on the 10-day disabled list Tuesday with left elbow inflammation.
Gurugram unhappy about no-fuel Sundays, wants eco-friendly transport instead
Recently there was a threat from fuel pump owners to keep their outlets shut on Sundays from May, unless they were given higher margins.
He had a rough Spring Training as well (6.75 ERA in 14 2/3 innings) but has been charged with just one earned run through his first nine frames in Buffalo and represents the most experienced depth option the Jays possess.
The Blue Jays' slump dropped them further in the Bleacher Report power rankings. Toronto will have to turn the likes of Casey Lawrence, Mat Latos or T.J. House in the absence of Happ and Sanchez. He is 0-3 with a 4.50 ERA, 1.125 WHIP and 20 strikeouts in 16.0 innings. Aside from being a 34-year-old catcher, he still has two years and $40 million remaining on his deal after this season.
Pence: US won't rest until N. Korea gives up nuclear weapons
But the vice president said he is encouraged and believes North Korea is listening to the Trump administration's concerns. And she added. "We've seen some tangible indications. that they're working towards this end, but it's still quite early".
An important note on Latos is that he has an opt-out later in the season that he can choose to take if an opportunity does not arise with Blue Jays.
It remains to be seen what roles the two players will have after their spot starts but if Happ or Sanchez's injuries persist for an extended period of time, John Gibbons and the staff will have to make a decision on who to keep in the rotation.
Lawyer: United will save evidence in dragged passenger case
At some point, Dao went limp, and the officer dragged him off the plane. "There are no excuses", Alderman Michael Zalewski said. The backlash was not limited to United's domestic territory and calls for boycotts emanated from as far as Vietnam and China.
Lawrence, also 29, logged a 4.17 ERA with 6.0 K/9 against 2.1 BB/9 in 162 innings between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
- Palestinians in Israeli prisons begin hunger strike
- Playground case touches on separation of church and state
- Air Pollution Improvements Can Be Easily Undone, Report Says
- Judge orders Auburn to let white nationalist Spencer speak
- Tillerson to press Russian Federation on Syrian chemical weapons
- United changes policy, crew can't displace seated passengers
- America's "Facebook Killer" Shoots Himself After Police Chase
- ACC extends deals with North Carolina sites after law change
- UK prime minister defends decision to seek snap election
- Wall scores playoff-best 32 as Wizards beat Hawks in Game 1