Woebcken has stated that the focus within the US will be shifted to a "family friend" automaker that will offer larger, USA -built SUVs.
The warranty plan, announced Tuesday at the New York International Auto Show, offers twice the coverage of many of its competitors.
Volkswagen's new Atlas SUV is seen by the company as key to growing its USA sales. It features six-year/72,000-mile bumper-to-bumper coverage transferable to subsequent owners. Pricing tops out at $49,415 for the SEL Platinum AWD with a 3.6-liter V-6 engine. The redesigned 2018 Tiguan SUV, with two-row seating, will arrive later this year.
Volkswagen's new warranty offer shows the automaker is serious about regaining trust and showing its vehicles are created to work as promised for the long-term. "The launch of these products is critical for VW in the US, as it is another attempt to connect the VW brand with a broader audience". During the same period, Nissan has sold more than 100,000 of just its compact crossover, the Rogue. Nissan, however, does cover its continuously variable transmissions (CVTs) for 10 years or 120,000 miles.
Ahead of the NY auto show, the world's largest automaker said Tuesday it will offer a six-year, 72,000 mile warranty on its new 2018 Atlas and 2018 Tiguan sport utility vehicles that go on sale later this year. VW has "to give a price that reflects that you are asking for forgiveness".
Volkswagen AG (VOWG_p.DE) is trying to win back American customers after its diesel emission scandal with SUV warranties that it said will be the longest in the United States.
- Uber's PR head resigns amid tumultuous time for company
- Christmas Is Coming To The Wizarding World of Harry Potter…
- Jude Law to play Dumbledore in 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel
- Six Gouda ways to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day in Norman
- Samsung is reportedly building a foldable smartphone prototype with 2 screens
- Trump Declines to Say He Supports Bannon, Declares 'I'm My Own Strategist'
- Microsoft Created Several Portable Xbox Designs In The Past
- USA and Russian Federation ties "at a low point"
- Local help available for last-minute income tax filers
- SpaceX makes history by launching recycled rocket