Prominent Congress leader and MLA from Amritsar (West) Dr Rajkumar Verka whom former AAP Punjab convenor Gurpreet Singh Ghutti met before resigning told India Today that Congress party will welcome any leader who supports its policies. Sandhu also had opposed Bhagwant Mann's appointment as Punjab AAP Chief.
Asked how he saw Mann as the new state party chief, Ghuggi took a jibe saying, "When someone's eyesight is not right and he is asked to drive a bus then accident will certainly take place".
On the allegations leveled by ousted Delhi leader Kapil Mishra that "women and money" were allegedly used during ticket allotment process in Punjab, Waraich said, "I had also received complaints and it was my duty to forward them to the national leadership to take some disciplinary action".
The move came almost two months after the Punjab Assembly polls results where Kejriwal-led party had won 20 out of 117 seats.
Summary: Dhaliwal claimed that AAP's centre leadership had adopted a democratic way before finalising the name of Mann.
Party's Chief Whip and MLA Sukhpal Singh Khaira had resigned from the post on Sunday. Despite of being considered a confidante of Kejriwal, Mann was critical of the party's strategy during the polls, but never went against party convener. "It has become hard for me to continue with this party".
Gurpreet Waraich also said that the AAP leadership was miffed with him because be refused to come to Delhi and campaign for the municipal corporation elections in Rajouri Garden.
Speaking to reporters, Ghuggi said "I am upset with the way I was removed". He said he didn't have any position in AAP but was a volunteer. "But they closed doors for all good people", he said.
He alleged that Mr Ghuggi, despite being a star campaigner, did not hold any rally for the party outside his constituency.
Ghuggi said that the party workers were expecting a swift response from Kejriwal given the seriousness of the charges. "Volunteers, who were once the backbone of the party, are being sidelined".
Reacting to Ghuggi's resignation, Khaira said he was saddened with this development as the party had lost a hardworking, clean and popular leader.
- Paul Clement happy for Swansea City to celebrate if they avoid relegation
- 'Stagnant' buyer demand puts the brakes on United Kingdom housing market
- ABC announces revival of 'American Idol' next season
- Celtics blow out Wizards, take 3-2 series lead
- Olaf president: Racist note found on vehicle was fabricated
- Black Lightning ordered to series at CW
- Nvidia unveils massive AI processing chip Tesla V100
- Australia treasurer promises fair budget that reins in debt
- Kelly Clarkson Might Be One Of The Judges On American Idol Reboot
- Rick and Morty VR Dev Owlchemy Labs Acquired by Google