Ming-Chi Kuo, KGI Securities analyst and prominent Apple insider, stressed that as many as 12 million Siri-enabled smart speakers will potentially be made each year once the smart device is launched which means the Amazon Echo and Google Home will have a capable rival in their hands. If one went by these rumours and reports, Apple could actually price this new smart speaker at a level higher than Amazon Echo which costs $189. Nevertheless, official details could be revealed at WWDC 2017, which is scheduled to take place from June 5 to 9. Additionally, it will have an integrated processor, probably the A8 or A9 from the iPhone 6 or 6s. "We expect Apple's first home AI product will have excellent acoustics performance (one woofer + seven tweeters) and computing power (similar to iPhone 6/6S AP)", Kuo's research notes stated.
The Apple Siri speaker was first heard of in April and more rumors have surfaced since then.
But more importantly, it will offer full integration with Apple's HomeKit. Patents have pointed to Siri connected to Home Automation since 2015. Amazon's own line of smart speakers featuring the intelligent personal assistant Alexa.
What the report doesn't clarify is that whether Inventec is merely going to be readying components for the Siri speaker or if it's going to be assembling the device as well.
Inventec has landed orders for a new Siri powered Apple smart speaker, according to the Economic Daily News via DigiTimes. As mentioned, there's no word yet as to what Apple will officially call the Siri speaker. Dickson claimed that Apple was finalizing the design of the device and that it featured a Mac Pro style. The advanced AI and language support of the Siri interface could make the device far superior to the Amazon Echo or the Google Home.
- Green says Warriors prepared to play without Kerr
- Malcolm Butler Joins Patriots For Voluntary Workouts
- China 'putting pressure' on North Korea
- India succesfully test fires nuclear-capable Agni-II missile
- Peugeot gears up with nuTonomy for self-driving car test
- WhatsApp back online after global outage of 'a few hours'
- New auto registrations dive 20% after tax increase
- What is Recommendation from Analysts on Kinross Gold Corporation (USA) (NYSE:KGC)?
- Gluten-free diet raises heart attack risk
- Latest Google Allo update adds group incognito mode, chat backup and more