He was singled out for criticism by Arsenal fans during the 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace last month and now the former Barcelona youngster, who has been linked with a return to Catalonia this summer, is likely to come into the team for a vital game at the bet365 Stadium.
After appearing to suffer a muscular injury deep into the second half, the Chilean signalled to the bench that he wanted to be substituted - and he was, but not before finishing expertly past Jack Butland just minutes later to kill the game as a contest.
Arsenal began the encounter more impressive as the trio of Alexis Sanchez, Giroud and Mesut Ozil tormented Stoke City's defense.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been ruled out of Arsenal's trip to Stoke on Saturday but Laurent Koscielny is pushing for a recall.
Chile worldwide Sanchez, 28, has now scored 20 goals in a league season for the first time in a career that has also featured spells with Udinese and Barcelona. "He is always tricky to stop, very good in a short space once he has the ball in the box".
"I believe when the team plays well we have the right individual talent to win".
Asked about Arsenal finding their form at the right time, the Germany worldwide replied: "Well I wish we found that before".
"It gives them an incentive to go out there with a point to prove and Stoke City players have certainly done that over the years every time they have played Arsenal at home". For them, in one situation, they scored.
"It was interesting for many moments, but it's important to score".
City have lost two and draw one of their last four home games in the Premier League, and have little other than pride ultimately to play for given they are safe from relegation but not challenge for the European spots.
- Speaker Ryan defends Trump on Comey firing
- Heavy rain, then possible clearing on Mother's Day
- Microsoft renovates Windows 10 at Build 2017
- Real Madrid book UEFA Champions League final date with Juve
- Trump warns ex-FBI director Comey about 'leaks' in explosive Twitter rant
- Nadal snaps winless streak vs Djokovic to reach Madrid Open final
- Ancelotti revels in 'crazy' Bayern comeback at Leipzig
- Google Patches Six Critical Mediaserver Bugs in Android
- Syrian Kurds clear mines after taking town, dam from IS
- Emmanuel Macron dashes his ex-boss Valls' hopes for ticket