He was singled out for criticism by Arsenal fans during the 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace last month and now the former Barcelona youngster, who has been linked with a return to Catalonia this summer, is likely to come into the team for a vital game at the bet365 Stadium.
After appearing to suffer a muscular injury deep into the second half, the Chilean signalled to the bench that he wanted to be substituted - and he was, but not before finishing expertly past Jack Butland just minutes later to kill the game as a contest.
Arsenal began the encounter more impressive as the trio of Alexis Sanchez, Giroud and Mesut Ozil tormented Stoke City's defense.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been ruled out of Arsenal's trip to Stoke on Saturday but Laurent Koscielny is pushing for a recall.
Chile worldwide Sanchez, 28, has now scored 20 goals in a league season for the first time in a career that has also featured spells with Udinese and Barcelona. "He is always tricky to stop, very good in a short space once he has the ball in the box".
"I believe when the team plays well we have the right individual talent to win".
Asked about Arsenal finding their form at the right time, the Germany worldwide replied: "Well I wish we found that before".
"It gives them an incentive to go out there with a point to prove and Stoke City players have certainly done that over the years every time they have played Arsenal at home". For them, in one situation, they scored.
"It was interesting for many moments, but it's important to score".
City have lost two and draw one of their last four home games in the Premier League, and have little other than pride ultimately to play for given they are safe from relegation but not challenge for the European spots.
- NDP and Liberals running neck and neck in tight BC election
- Gunmen kill 10 laborers near port in southwest Pakistan
- Nadal snaps winless streak vs Djokovic to reach Madrid Open final
- Blue Jays place lefty Liriano on 10-day DL with shoulder inflammation
- Google Patches Six Critical Mediaserver Bugs in Android
- Sunrisers canters to an eight-wicket win
- Amtrak Engineer Charged In Deadly 2015 Philadelphia Train Crash
- Bus tips over in Turkey, killing at least 23 people
- Oil rises after US inventories drop, but extra supplies weigh
- Speaker Ryan defends Trump on Comey firing