The former Liverpool boss made the gag during an awards ceremony at Celtic on Tuesday night.
THE good natured love-in between ex-Liverpool manager and his former star striker Mario Balotelli has continued today with the Italian striker taking to social media to praise Brendan Rodgers.
The 44-year-old went on to claim that the striker, who spent a solitary season at Anfield, was a "fantastic player".
The Italian scored just four goals in the one full season he enjoyed at the club before being sent back to Milan on loan ahead of a permanent move to Nice the following season.
Partick defender Liam Lindsay is the only player not from Celtic or Aberdeen to be seelcted
Jurgen Klopp didn't believe he had a place for Balotelli at Liverpool either, given he already had Daniel Sturridge, Divock Origi, and Danny Ings.
Raiola negotiated a free transfer to Nice for his client, which was completed on deadline day.
Rodgers was sacked early during the 2015-2016 season but both he and Balotelli have gone about rebuilding their reputations with forward scoring 14 Ligue 1 goals while Celtic are a game away from winning the Scottish treble.
Thankfully, Balotelli didn't rise to the bait, and jokingly told Rodgers that he was in fact the best manager he's worked under, too!
- Officer Fired After Fatally Shooting 15-Year-Old
- French presidential race enters final week with May Day rallies
- Trump says he could meet with North Korea's leader
- Jazz flatten Clippers 104-91, win 1st-round series 4-3
- Sainsbury's sees profits fall as it cautions over challenging trading
- New Hamas program softens language, but some goals remain
- 'Natasha, Pierre' leads Tony Award nods
- Tech propels Wall Street as Nasdaq sets record
- Marchers use Trump's 100th day to protest climate policies
- Chicago Police say 2 officers shot and wounded