BEREA, Ohio (AP) - A physical specimen, consensus best player in the draft and No. 1 overall pick, Myles Garrett came to Cleveland with few noticeable flaws. "He was just like, 'Yeah, you need to be faster'". "So if he thinks so, and I want to be at this level someday, then I've got to take his advice and run with it".
Garrett received advice from Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive end Bruce Smith before being selected by the Cleveland Browns, and knows that it's not everyday that one receives guidance from the league's all-time sack leader.
What Are the Hottest Match Ups of the 2017 NFL Season?
"We have a long way to go - I caution all of you", Jackson said Friday after the session. This is the No. 1 guy?
Garrett, though, is taking Smith's criticism as constructive and said he'll use it to try to improve.
"The guy has flashed and shown exactly why he was drafted where he was drafted", Jackson said.
The game the two watched was against UCLA; Garrett had 1 1/2 tackles for a loss and a sack, numbers that might indicate a pretty good game.
Garrett has had an impressive first two days with the Browns, showing off some of the size and speed that persuaded Cleveland to make him their first selection. That's what any team would say or any player would say. "No matter where they put me at or what kind of plays they have me in, I know that they are going to put me in the best position to make plays".
The top pick should help a very bad pass rush. "It's easy in this world to judge based on the headlines, and I think increasingly we're finding and Donald Trump's finding this out, how hard it is to survive in a public job and that's what being the No. 1 draft pick is for about three or four months and now he's going to understand it's a longer-term deal that he asked for and he wants it". "He is very talented". "Super Bowl victor and I always heard he's hard to take down". We are not just going to hand him anything. "I'm not anxious about anything but being the best football player and person I can be". "I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me.".
Steelers right tackle Marcus Gilbert tweeted, "See you 9/10 big fella".
- Swansea take big step towards safety with win at Sunderland
- Rapper Travis Scott arrested in northwest Arkansas
- Democracy is under assault by Trump, former intelligence chief says
- Operation under way to 're-establish order' in Ivory Coast: army chief
- OnePlus 5 Specifications and Image Leak Again Through an Online Listing
- Everyone in the Dark over Trump's Next Move Following Abbas Meeting
- Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards - 5/15/17 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Jordan, Israel in rare row over Jerusalem stabbing, killing
- IPL 2017: Rising Pune Supergiants beat Kings XI Punjab by 9 wickets
- Jerusalem: Jordanian man shot dead after stabbing Israeli policeman