NFL Media's Mike Silver reported on Monday that Seahawks GM John Schneider reached out to Kaepernick's agent last week.
The competition to back up Wilson is becoming more and more interesting as the Seahawks get ready for the new season. "But quite frankly, yes, we are looking at all those guys". The 29-year-old's national anthem protest last season makes him a one-man hot-button issue, but Kaepernick did fare decently in Chip Kelly's offense last season and he obviously had the 49ers neck and neck with the Seahawks in the early part of this decade.
"We're looking at everybody ... we really are", Carroll said.
"We're looking at everybody".
Kaepernick, 29, lost his starting job with the 49ers midway through the 2015 season and reclaimed it in October of past year.
Seattle's Michael Bennett, left, recently had words of praise for Colin Kaepernick.
"It's hard to see because he's played at such a high level, and you see guys, quarterbacks, who have never played at a high level being signed by teams".
Quarterback Russell Wilson #3 of the Seattle Seahawks greets quarterback Colin Kaepernick #7 of the San Francisco 49ers before the game at CenturyLink Field on September 25, 2016 in Seattle, Washington.
Rookie Trevone Boykin was Wilson's backup past year after signing as an undrafted free agent and ended up seeing action in five games. Obviously he's going to be in a backup role at this point. "So it's hard to understand", said Sherman in March. You can see that.
Kaepernick, 29, has remained unemployed despite a career resume that's much better than several quarterbacks who have been signed this offseason.
Seattle's two quarterbacks behind starter Russell Wilson are Trevone Boykin, who threw 18 passes last season as a rookie, and former Skyline High star Jake Heaps. Granted, we're talking about Boykin being charged with two misdemeanors (marijuana possession and public intoxication), followed by a probation violation stemming from the prior the same incident.
- France's Macron picks PM from the right, blowing apart old boundaries
- Emma Watson praises genderless MTV Awards after 'Beauty' win
- Tillerson Unconcerned About Independence in Wake of Comey Firing
- Macron sworn in as France's new president
- Historically Black University Cancels Sen. John Cornyn's Speech After Outcry
- Palestinians hope for settlement curb if peace talks resume
- Hackers Are Threatening to Leak Upcoming 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Movie
- Here Are the Hottest Women at the 2017 Met Gala
- Trump administration delays Paris climate agreement decision
- McMaster talks tough on Russian Federation amid Trump-Kremlin dealings