British darling Emma Watson made history yesterday as she bagged the first-ever gender-neutral acting honour at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, held at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
Honoring the best in the big screen and small screen, the 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards was hosted by Adam DeVine. This decision made the 2017 MTV Music and TV Awards the first major award show to forego gender distinctions such as "best actor" or "best actress". "I feel I have to say something about the award itself", she said.
With the success of the new live-action Beauty and the Beast (which we LOVED, by the way, if you couldn't tell by all of our other articles), it's no wonder Emma Watson is raking in the awards.
Another English actress, Millie Bobby Brown, 13, won the best actor in a TV show award for the sci-fi show "Stranger Things". "I can't think of a better recipient than Emma Watson, a great flag bearer of all things gender neutral", Morgan said on "Good Morning Britain" Monday. And I want to thank every single person who voted for me.
And turning to another of the night's nominees, Beauty and the Beast, he said, "I call it 'Multidimensional woman with her own dynamic traits, and the beast'". The Best Kiss award went to Ashton Sanders and Jharrel Jerome in the critically-acclaimed movie "Moonlight".
That last award was presented by co-stars of the film smash Get Out: a blond Allison Williams, in shimmering miniskirt, alongside a nervous-looking Lil Rey Howery.
Jackman took home the Best Duo award for his role in "Logan". There were also some new categories like Trending, Best American Story, and Next Generation.
While accepting her golden popcorn statue, she thanked MTV for taking such a huge step forward.
Movies "Hidden Figures", the "Fast and Furious" franchise and Trevor Noah of "The Daily Show" were also winners on the night.
"MTV is once again a pioneer in reflecting who young people are today", said Sarah Kate Ellis, GLAAD President & CEO. Then they got it right: Beauty and the Beast.
- Snapchat's Growth Stalls in Facebook's Shadow in 1Q Report
- US prosecutors told to push for more, harsher punishments
- Is Harry Styles' "Two Ghosts" About Taylor Swift? (Probably.)
- Relentless Nadal sets up Djokovic semi-final
- Saracens retain European title as Ashton sets try landmark
- Warren Buffett Jokes, But Not About Berkshire Paying a Dividend
- Heroin epidemic pushing up hepatitis C infections in US
- India's 2016-17 factory output rises 5 per cent as manufacturing expands
- Don't call me Caitlyn: Baby name plunges in popularity
- Nearly all systems have been recovered, says Home Secretary — NHS cyberattack