Multiple news reports on Monday suggested Fox News commentator Sean Hannity is planning on ditching the network just days after former colleague Bill O'Reilly was forced out over numerous allegations of sexual harassment - rumors that, if true, would see the news empire lose one of its last remaining headline stars. Hannity is evidently one of Shine's biggest supporters, and he believed that someone "high up and inside" the network was essentially trying to pin the blame for all of Fox News' recent problems on Shine. In the past year, many famous Fox faces have departed the network, most notably Bill O'Reilly amid allegations of sexual harassment.
Shine joined Fox News in 1996 as the producer of "Hannity & Colmes" and rose through the ranks to oversee the network's entire programming slate, including Hannity's eventual transition to become a solo host.
Shine has been fingered in several lawsuits as an enabler of Ailes's behavior, in part because Shine allegedly knew about secret settlements that the company made to bury accusations against Ailes.
His departure is sure to roil some of Fox News's most recognisable stars, with whom Mr Shine had close relationships. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that Murdoch and his sons, James and Lachlan, who are in charge of 21st Century Fox, were considering replacing Shine with a woman to help revamp Fox News' image.
Jay Wallace, who has been executive vice president of News, becomes president of News for Fox News Channel. Rupert Murdoch held the title of acting CEO until Shine and Abernethy were promoted.
Fox News President Bill Shine departs after meeting with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump at Trump Tower in the Manhattan borough of NY, U.S., November 21, 2016.
In a series of tweets to Sherman after that report, veteran host Sean Hannity stated. He has repeatedly said he is being targeted in a malicious campaign to destroy Fox News.
"This is a significant day for all at Fox News", said Murdoch. Luhn claims that Shine arranged for her to travel to NY for trysts with Ailes, and when she suffered mental health troubles as a result of Ailes' alleged abuse, Shine tried to get her to see a psychiatrist.
The lawsuits against Fox News continue to mount.
- Dose: Wizards, Celtics win
- In a blow, influential Republican a 'no' on health care bill
- Palestinians strike in support of prisoners' protest
- 8 killed as powerful blast targets foreign forces in Kabul
- SpaceX launches top-secret satellite for U.S. government
- Celtic fans can't believe Scott Brown hasn't received a POTY nomination
- Predators take 2-1 series lead, beating St. Louis Blues 3-1
- United States explosives 'used in deadly attack on Turkish police'
- Blue Jays manager hilariously calls postgame radio show to comment on win
- Spurs will take title race down to the wire - Chelsea's Matic