The West Midlands Police Department shared a photo of the missing notecard on Friday, hoping to move the case forward by appealing to Harry Potter fans.
Discussing books with one pupil who was a Harry Potter fan, Mrs May said: "I've read them all".
Rowling herself pleaded to her over 10 million followers on Twitter, "PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU'RE OFFERED IT".
British police are searching for the Muggles who stole a rare and valuable "Harry Potter" prequel. It opens with a young Sirius and James cornered by two angry policemen at the end of a high-speed motorcycle chase. The duo avoid arrest thanks to using magic.
Harry Potter author JK Rowling.
The story, recently auctioned to support a writers' charity, was stolen from its new owner's home in late April along with several items of jewelry.
With no word on the rest of the investigation, both Rowling and the police department are asking for fans of the author to help track down the priceless work. In November 2018, the second installment of the five-part franchise, starring Jude Law as Hogwarts headmaster Albus Dumbledore and Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald, will be released.
The second magical tale from J.K. Rowling's will be brought to life around the United Kingdom this December as it calls at Liverpool before travelling onto Leeds, Cardiff, Dublin, Manchester, and Glasgow before finishing in Birmingham.
"I really want to go to Disney Land to go to Harry Potter Land, but I can't right now, so I'd rather come to this and get a little bit of it, so I can prepare for when I go to the big one", said another fan.
- Garland has no interest in leaving judiciary for Federal Bureau of Investigation , source says
- Spurs beats Man United in stadium finale to secure 2nd spot
- Sudan's president invited by Saudi Arabia to Trump meeting
- Google to preview stand-alone VR headset
- Junket tourism
- EU ruling could complicate new trade deals - including UK's
- Fox looks to sci-fi, fantasy this fall; MacFarlane in space
- Italian Open: Andy Murray eliminated by home player Fabio Fognini
- Trump asked Comey to close Flynn probe - NY Times, citing Comey memo
- Intel to launch Core i9 Skylake-X & i7 Kaby Lake-X CPUs