In an act of unmitigated chutzpah, Jordan on Saturday evening pointed a finger of blame at Israel for shooting dead a Jordanian citizen since the police officer was not seriously wounded, signaling the shooting of the terrorist was unjustified.
Local media sources, meanwhile, identified the Jordanian citizen as Mohammed Abdullah al-Kasaji.
Momani also confirmed the Ministry of Foreign and Expatriates Affairs is following-up on the murderous incident via the Jordanian Embassy in Tel Aviv, to uncover the details and circumstances of the murder.
Ten seconds of security camera footage released by the police appeared to show a man, knife in hand, lunging toward a policeman falling backwards onto the ground, then jumping on him while wielding the knife and making stabbing motions.
The Israeli police said the policeman was moderately wounded and transferred to Shaare Zedek hospital in Jerusalem.
Tillerson said Trump's decision would depend greatly on how it is seen by governments in the region, including "whether Israel views it as being helpful to a peace initiative or perhaps a distraction".
The violence has subsided in recent months. He spoke just days before Trump starts a Middle East trip that includes meetings with Israeli and Palestinian leaders.
"Israel's position has been stated many times before to the American administration and the world", Netanyahu's office said in a statement.
Since October of 2015, more than 275 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli police during - or immediately after - alleged attacks on Israelis or in clashes with Israeli security forces, according to Palestinian figures.
The Palestinians want East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, territories that Israel captured in the 1967 war, for a future state.
"As you know the president has recently expressed his view that he wants to put a lot of effort into seeing if we can not advance a peace initiative between Israel and Palestine".
- Rapper Travis Scott arrested in northwest Arkansas
- See 'Daily Show' Crew Reenact Stephen Colbert's Last Day as Correspondent
- Manchester United see top-four chances evaporate with Spurs defeat
- Petr Cech sends warning to Liverpool about Arsenal
- Halep outlasts determined Mladenovic to retain Madrid title
- Twins hope to continue road success at Cleveland
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Dominica Test: Windies crawl to 218-5 at stumps against Pakistan
- Juventus wastes chance to clinch title with 3-1 loss at Roma
- In Jerusalem Palestinian stabs Israeli officer, shot dead