Whereas Arsenal have 66 points and a game in hand, meaning 75 points is their ceiling.
"Obviously every footballer wants to be playing in the Premier League, myself included".
The Reds have impressed against teams in the upper echelons of the Premier League this season but have dropped points against those in the bottom half of the table, costing them the chance to challenge Tottenham Hotspur and champions Chelsea for the title.
The Tigers slipped into the relegation zone with two games to play following a 2-0 defeat by Sunderland last Saturday.
Three points are all that matter at this stage of the campaign but Georginio Wijnaldum has again turned a focus towards Liverpool stepping up their displays on the pitch following disappointing results recently at home to Crystal Palace and Southampton. Arsene Wenger, a target of abuse for much of the season, was even greeted with rapturous applause as he walked toward the fans.
As things stand, Liverpool have 70 points from 36 games, which means the highest number of points they could finis on is 76.
'All I can do is my best. Hull have yet to win away under Silva, though, losing eight of their nine matches in all competitions, with the recent goalless draw at Southampton the only point picked up during that sequence.
Put simply, if Arsenal and Liverpool finish on the same points, goal difference and goals scored, they play each other on a neutral ground, the victor of which will secure Champions League football.
Manchester United carries a 1-0 lead into Thursday's Europa League semifinal second-leg game against Celta Vigo. Elimination against Celta Vigo would be a disaster for United, who would then go into their game against Tottenham on Sunday needing a victory just to keep alive any chance they had of qualifying for next season's Champions League. "I've seen that happen before (but) a long time ago".
- Cyber-attack 'unprecedented' in scale
- Sessions' predecessor slams sentencing policy
- Emmanuel Macron dashes his ex-boss Valls' hopes for ticket
- Gunmen kill 10 laborers near port in southwest Pakistan
- Juventus wastes chance to clinch title with 3-1 loss at Roma
- Blue Jays place lefty Liriano on 10-day DL with shoulder inflammation
- Arsenal beats Southampton 2-0, climbs into 5th in EPL
- Real Madrid book UEFA Champions League final date with Juve
- India likely to skip China's Belt and Road forum
- Syrian Kurds clear mines after taking town, dam from IS