- 120-108 on all three scorecards - in their bitter Mexican rivalry fight on Saturday night before a sold-out crowd of 20,501 at T-Mobile Arena.
Alvarez had a 228-71 edge in punches landed and an 83-15 advantage in jabs landed, the AP reported.
Canelo Alvarez went into Saturday's (May 6) fight against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. a favorite, and ended just as the odds suggested. with a complete domination of Chavez by Canelo. "I have gotten calls from everywhere, from Dubai to the United Kingdom where (Anthony) Joshua and (Wladimir) Klitschko just fought".
GGG made his way to the dressing rooms after the fight and then re-emerged as he was brought into the ring to also talk with Kellerman. The contest is for WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, and IBO middleweight titles. The fight is done.
"He's a good fighter, but I've been taking care of my conditioning and training", Chavez said. "When he went to the ropes, I just didn't have the strength to go after him and do some damage", Chavez said.
"I'm very excited", Golovkin told HBO Boxing analyst Max Kellerman.
With the contract signed and a date already set, only the venue now requires confirmation in what is the most highly anticipated boxing bout since Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. "In September, it will be a different style - ca big drama show", Golovkin said.
Tonight's fight was not a fight-of-the year candidate, but at least there's hope on the horizon: the Middleweight showdown between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golokin is a done deal.
"I think Canelo displayed today his great boxing skills, great combinations", Sanchez said during a press conference at T-Mobile Arena. I didn't feel that much power because I felt (my strength) had dwindled, I couldn't throw as many punches as I wanted. We'll never know. But, with Canelo vs Golovkin announced, it's at least a consolation of sorts for PPV fans who shelled out tonight. "He wouldn't throw punches".
Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) showed off his skills right from the opening bell, turning a highly-touted fight against Chavez Jr.
One of the biggest stories coming into the fight was whether or not Chavez would be able to make the 164.5-pound catchweight and still look comfortable in the ring. "I just loved it", said Chavez Sr., who has been critical of his son in the past.
- Boston Celtics vs. Washington Wizards - 5/15/17 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Astros-Yankees game postponed; doubleheader on Sunday
- Democracy is under assault by Trump, former intelligence chief says
- Browns' Myles Garrett Receives Advice From Hall of Famer Bruce Smith
- Macron sworn in as France's new president
- Brunt promises Chelsea tough test at West Brom
- Tillerson Unconcerned About Independence in Wake of Comey Firing
- Everyone in the Dark over Trump's Next Move Following Abbas Meeting
- Swansea take big step towards safety with win at Sunderland
- Emma Watson praises genderless MTV Awards after 'Beauty' win