A spokesman for the Afghan ministry of Defense said "three foreign soldiers, possibly Americans" had been wounded during training at the base.
The attack on Saturday took place at the Afghan National Army's 209th Corps headquarters in the province of Balkh, located some 540 km to the northwest of Kabul.
U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Monday that he would present options on Afghanistan to President Donald Trump "very soon".
An Afghan soldier is alleged to have fired inside a military compound in northern Afghanistan and injured about seven United States troops. It was the second such insider attack by an Afghan soldier in the past week.
"We can confirm there are no USA or NATO Resolute Support fatalities", NATO said in a statement.
That attack came just days after three US soldiers were killed and another wounded during a joint US-Afghan military operation in the same region.
A Taliban spokesman praised the attack but did not claim responsibility.
The convoy returned fire in self-defense, and there were no USA casualties, according to a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation statement. The coalition source also said no members of the U.S. military were killed. The attack Saturday at Camp Shaheen left seven American soldiers wounded, according to officials with the NATO-led mission in the country. "More information will be provided as it becomes available".
- Trump Ultra Corey Stewart Throws a Scare Into Conventional Republicans Everywhere
- Spider-Man on PS4 will feature alternate suits for Spidey
- NHL: Calgary Flames trade for G Mike Smith from Arizona Coyotes
- Anniversary of the death of Jo Cox MP
- How locals are spending Father's Day
- Atari CEO Confirms New Game Console
- Global shares fall on Fed rate hike, UK rate outlook
- Feliciano Lopez to face Lucas Pouille in Stuttgart final
- Artemis Racing reaches America's Cup challenger finals
- Southern Baptists re-elect chief, adopt moral leadership measure