"I hope both parties reach an agreement, but if a player like Donnarumma ends up on the market, we have a duty to try to get him".
The 18-year-old Donnarumma informed Milan this week he is not interested in signing a contract renewal and Madrid are believed to be keeping a close eye on the highly rated goalkeeper's situation at San Siro. "For this next season, he will certainly play with us still". The player evaluated it and made some evaluations that were not just economic, but he told us that he does not wish to renew the contract and his time with Milan will therefore conclude by June 30, 2018. "He's a talent, then we have to distinguish between a talent and a champion", Marotta told Corriere della Sera.
Clubs such as Juventus, Real Madrid and Manchester United are all believed to be keeping a close eye on Donnarumma's situation at Milan, but sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli stressed on Sunday they have no intention of selling the Italy worldwide.
"It is not true that there was tension with Mino Raiola during Thursday's meeting and there was no fighting".
The 26-year-old still has two years remaining on his contract at Old Trafford, and the Daily Star reports that Mourinho values the shot-stopper at £100m.
It took a while for the notes to be collected and the game restarted, with the stunt likely only reinforcing Donnarumma's desire to leave Milan and Italy.
Milan CEO Marco Fassone revealed Donnarumma's decision to leave the club earlier this week.
- Weekend Box Office: 'Cars 3′ Speeds to $53 Million Opening
- Scherzer strikes out 10, leads Nats over Mets 7-2
- Sinn Fein cautious on DUP, May tie-up but would welcome funding
- Shooter went to Republican baseball practice with list of names
- Suspect in 5 slayings arrested after standoff in Brunswick
- Spieth stabilizes in final round at US Open
- Warriors' Game 5 win wraps up highly-watched NBA Finals
- NHL expansion draft 2017: Grading all 30 expansion draft protection lists
- Ward celebrates big win while Kovalev plans protest
- United States shoots down Syrian Air Force fighter