For graphics acceleration Apple is equipping the new Radeon Pro Vega GPU, claimed to be "the most advanced graphics ever in a Mac".
Last year's high-end stock configuration 15-inch MacBook Pro came with a 2.7GHz sixth-generation Core i7 and has average single-core and multi-core scores of 4,098 and 13,155, respectively. Apple also confirmed that the entry level iMac models will have the Intel Iris Plus Graphics which is up to 80 percent faster graphics than the previous generation.
There's a new, ultra-powerful 27-inch iMac Pro featuring a procesor line-up with up to 18 cores and up to 16GB of video memory.
On the other hand, the company has also revealed its 15 inch MacBook Pro which features more discrete graphics than the 13 inch variant.
The display for the setup remains the same, the 5K Retina monitor, which is the highest in Apple's lineup and will now be output an huge graphic performance - thanks to the new AMD Radeon Vega graphics GPU. Ternus has attached that the SSD storage options are now up to 50% faster, and iMac gets with Thunderbolt 3. The base model comes with an eight-core processor, the AMD Vega 56 graphics card, 32 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD for storage.
The all-in-ones can be configured with up to 32GB of RAM, Fusion drives are now standard (hybrid HDD/SSD solution) and faster SSDs are offered with up to 2TB capacity.
Apple also updated the 13-inch MacBook Air with a 1.8 GHz processor. It has a display with 5K resolution and can be assembled with 8-core, 10-core or 18-core Xeon processors. The upgraded MacBook Pro and new iMac will commence shipping this week. This will be our most powerful and fastest Mac ever, which carries workstation-class computing to iMac for the first time.
As hinted at in a recent update to Apple's Xcode software, Apple's next-generation iPad Pro feature an upgraded 120Hz display. Notably, the new iMac Pro is scheduled to ship in December this year with a starting price tag of $4,999 (US).
There's also updates to the "standard" iMac range. They changed the performance into the lovely, quiet iMac enclosure. The arrival of the new iMac Pro desktop is very convenient in terms of timing, specs, and its features, since Microsoft just released iMac and MacBook competitors under the name of Surface Studio and Surface Laptop, respectively.
- Mr Met gives fan the finger, employee out as team mascot
- In Senate hearing, Jeff heatedly denies improper Russia contacts
- Backed anti-IS forces to announce Raqqa assault start date on Tuesday
- Microsoft Xbox One X: The Most Powerful Console Ever Made
- Injured Wahab Riaz out of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 squad
- Mattis: Russia wants no 'positive relationship' with US
- Bradley's stunning early goal helps US to 1-1 tie at Mexico
- Puerto Ricans back full USA statehood but vote marred by low turnout
- Q and amp;A: Can Donald Trump fire Robert Mueller?
- Sessions to face sharp questions on Trump, Russia, Comey