The deal is valued at $1.7 billion at list prices. The 737 MAX is the fastest-selling airplane in Boeing history. They compete with Airbus planes in the A320-neo family, aiming at a similar short- to mid-range market.
This new order, which is valued at more than 1.1 billion US dollars at current list prices, will, together with the existing firm order for 100 Max 200s, allow Ryanair to grow its traffic to 200 million customers per annum by 2024.
But airlines wanted more seats on the jet and Boeing went back to the drawing board for a new model. As these aircraft can carry more passengers, they have attracted interest from low-priced airlines as well as carriers aiming to exploit their range that allows them to make flights across the Atlantic.
The last event in 2015 brought orders for 421 planes worth $57 billion (51 billion euros) for Airbus and orders for 331 planes worth $50 billion (44.6 billion euros) for Boeing. The new commitment when finalized, will boost the lessor's order to 40 737 MAXs.
GECAS has 170 737 MAX airplanes on order, the largest of any aircraft leasing company. The upgraded Airbus can carry 80 more passengers and has slightly more range than the current version, according to the Associated Press. Boeing defined some of the proposed modifications to the MAX 10 - then designated -10X - in January 2017.
The Chicago-based plane maker said it expects demand for widebody planes, where it offers the 787 Dreamliner and 777 models, to reach 9,130 airplanes.
Until the Max 10, the Max 9 had been largest installment in Boeing's 737 Max family of aircraft.
An independent analysis by aviation consulting firm Leeham.net comparing the MAX 10 and the A321neo concluded that with similar seating configurations, the economics of the two jet families are roughly on par. Ten minutes later, United said it will convert 100 of its current MAX orders to MAX 10 orders. But the 10 has two extra rows of seats. The MAX 8 and 9 will be followed in 2019 by the smaller MAX 7 and higher capacity MAX 8.
SpiceJet said on Monday that it has signed an agreement to buy a stretched version of Boeing's 737 Max aircraft that can fly more passengers and help overcome slot constraints at some local airports.
Boeing unveiled a new addition to its best-selling 737 aircraft range: the 737 MAX 10.
- Officer: Marijuana smell made him feel in danger
- South Sudan no longer in famine, but situation is critical
- Iraqi forces advance on Mosul mosque where IS declared caliphate
- Lenovo Unveils A Foldable PC Concept
- Qatar pulls all its troops from Djibouti-Eritrea border
- Trump calls for stricter limits on welfare for immigrants
- First Image Of Jason Isaacs From 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- On Eve Of Special Session, Pressure Mounts For Bipartisan State Budget
- Ronaldo summoned to answer judge's questions on tax fraud
- Lennox Lewis: I Wouldn't Buy Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor