Jackson added that Garrett will have plenty of time to rest the foot before the start of training camp in the event he did anything more than tweak it during the practice.
Browns rookie tight end David Njoku told the Plain Dealer that Garrett is in high spirits and "he's a happy camper".
Garrett, a defensive end from Texas A&M, went down Wednesday during minicamp while rushing the quarterback.
Garrett is signed to a fully guaranteed $30.4 million contract with the Cleveland Browns. A sprained left ankle hampered his final season at Texas A&M last fall, but he played through the injury.
We're not going to make a mountain out of this molehill. "So you know it sucks, but it's part of the game", Ogunjobi said. You kind of have to keep him in high spirits, you keep him going and you know he's good.
Garrett was limited during organized team activities and minicamp with what Cleveland.com reported as a sore foot.
However, Garrett was said to be "fine". The outside linebacker is going to be an integral part of what the Cleveland franchise is looking to build after a 1-15 season that earned them the top pick to be able to select him in the first place. "You've got to be even keel and just take it one day at a time". That's the nature of the game. It's just part of life. "I've got a big smile on my face, I'm just waiting to let him show everybody before I talk about him".
"Myles is everything we expected", defensive line coach Clyde Simmons said.
The deal is projected to be worth $9.5 million and includes a $5.06 million signing bonus.
Garrett recorded 141 tackles, 31 career sacks, 47 tackles for losses and seven forced fumbles for the Aggies in three seasons before declaring early for the draft.
- Denver Islamic law protests draw small but testy crowds
- Johanna Konta cruises to Nottingham Open semis as fine grass form continues
- Russia opens Confederations Cup with 2-0 win over New Zealand
- Turkey's justice minister slams protest by opposition leader
- UK's Hammond says economy should be priority in Brexit talks
- Sensex down 58 points; NIfty settles below 9650
- Katy Perry is first person with 100M followers on Twitter
- Walmart to acquire online men's clothing retailer Bonobos
- Special counsel Mueller investigating Jared Kushner's finances, Washington Post reports
- Russian Federation relieved after passing first World Cup test