The sheriff's office found the three bodies Monday morning when they were doing a welfare check.
A California man is accused of murdering his young daughter and baby son and then hanging himself on Father's Day.
The six-year-old daughter had reportedly spent Saturday night with her father, and the mother had dropped off the 18-month-old boy at his apartment on Sunday morning.
Camara was married, but had been separated from his wife for six months.
The children's mother went to pick up the children at Da Camara's apartment in the 700 block of Slater Street on Sunday evening but it appeared he was not home, Crum said.
The man hanged himself, but police aren't yet saying how the children died, WXIN reported.
Sgt. John Ludtke of the violent crimes investigations team said neighbors told the deputies they had overheard arguments ongoing between da Camara and his wife.
'I'm not quite sure what was going through his mind, ' said Camara's sister, Jessica Espada to KTVU who arrived at the scene.
Santa Rosa police say Camara, who was in a bitter custody battle with his wife, killed both his children before taking his own life Father's Day Sunday.
"A attractive little girl and a sweet little boy", said Julia Poncia.
'He was great, he'd have the kids visit, and ride bikes, and he'd take them to the park, ' Poncia said sadly, 'and so I don't know. The coroner identified the 6-year-old girl as Juliana, and 19-month-old boy as Julian.
When no one answered her knock she called the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department.
A deputy climbed a ladder to enter the apartment by removing a screen on an open bathroom window. Investigators say they encouraged the couple to obtain a custody order, which they did this past Wednesday. On Facebook, Botelho da Camara said he was originally from the Azores in Portugal.
'We're stilll going to be exploring the timeline to determine when the children were last seen and when the tragedy occurred, ' Cregan said.
"They're really super sweet kids and he seemed like a really good father".
- Bihar Board BSEB 10th Result 2017 likely to be Declared today @ biharboard
- Woman who urged friend to kill himself found guilty of manslaughter
- Can't Beat the Heat: Earth's Killer Heat Worsens, Study Shows
- Lions building nicely ahead of tests - Gatland
- Mexico Snatches Late 2-2 Draw against Portugal in FIFA Confederations Cup
- Celtic avoid July 12 Champions League clash with Linfield
- Summer solstice, the longest day of the year, arrives
- With Spotify's New "Sponsored Songs" Labels Can Pay For Song Plays
- Trouble mounts for Lalu, IT slaps charges against family under Benami Act
- UPS announces peak delivery charge to cover additional costs